31

《《《   𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨... 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨...   》》》

-----☆♡☆

"Come back."

Corinne smiled, setting her phone up on her desk.

"I told you, my love. As much as I want to, I can't leave yet. I have to sign the books before I put them out. Not to mention the lyrics I have to send over to artists." Corinne said, grabbing a sharpie.

Corinne had been away from Taylor for two weeks. She had to organize with Helena for her book release.

After she signed the books, she could go back to being with Taylor on tour.

But both women were so attached to each other that the distance made it hard sometimes.

Taylor groaned loudly, watching Corinne sign a book.

A knock on Corinne's office door made her get up, leaving her phone at her desk.

She opened the door, coming face to face with someone she didn't expect.

"Sofia..." Corinne greeted, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Hey, can we talk?" Sofia asked, making Corinne nod.

"Yeah, one second." She told the woman, walking back to her desk.

"Who's that?" Taylor asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I'll call you later, okay?" Corinne said, glancing at Sofia. Taylor shook her head, staring at Corinne through their FaceTime.

"Wait, who was that? Cori, don't hang up on me." Taylor told her, but Corinne grimaced.

"I love you, Teffy." She said before she hung up, setting her phone on the desk.

"Is everything okay?" Corinne asked, leaning against the desk as Sofia took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."

Corinne smiled. "That's amazing. Congratulations." She told the woman who cracked a small smile.

"Yeah... It's great. But, um... I know we haven't talked in years, but-" Sofia was cut off by Corinne's phone ringing.

Corinne looked at it, chewing her lip before looking over at Sofia.

"It's my girlfriend... I really shouldn't miss this call." Corinne whispered, making Sofia falter.

"This won't take long... Please." Sofia pleaded, making Corinne hesitate before turning her phone off.

Immediately, she felt guilt pool in her stomach.

She'd never intentionally ignored Taylor's call before.

And she knew the woman would most likely take it the wrong way.

No one really knew about her having a half-sister. Purely because Sofia and Corinne hadn't really spoken in around four years.

They just weren't close.

Corinne didn't even know the woman existed until her father's funeral.

"I know we haven't talked in years, but I'd really like it if you could contact your mom for me. Or if you still have her number, can I have that?" Sofia requested, taking Corinne by surprise.

"My mother? Why would you want her number?" Corinne asked, making Sofia shrug slightly.

"She's the only maternal figure I have. You know, your dad slept with my mom, and then my mom passed. I just need some help, you know?" Sofia explained hesitantly, making Corinne nod.