11

《《《   𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶... 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘦...  》》》

-----☆♡☆

"Teff, need some help?" Corinne asked, leaning against the counter with an amused look.

"No, I got it." Taylor denied, not even looking at her as she grunted.

"Teff, just let me help." Corinne said, moving closer to the woman.

Taylor let out groan, finally moving away from the operation game board.

"You're a musician who plays instruments. You should be able to do this." Corinne teased, grabbing the tweezers and grabbing the piece from its slot.

"Well, I'm not a doctor."

"You have a doctorate."

"I'm not that kind of doctor! I'm a music doctor!" Taylor replied as Andrea laughed.

"You just suck at operation. It's okay." Corinne said with false sympathy, giving Taylor's shoulder a pat.

"Let's play Scrabble. I'll beat you in that any day." Taylor retorted, earning a chuckle from Corinne.

"To compensate for your horrible operation skills?"

"I will pour my wine over your head."

Corinne laughed, putting her hands up in a playful surrender motion.

"No need to get physical." She teased, moving to sit down again.

-----☆☆☆

"So, I'll be back around 6:00 to come get you, okay?" Taylor asked as she parked her car in Corinne's driveway.

"Yup. I packed everything already. I'll be awake." Corinne replied, unbecoming her seatbelt.

"I'm really glad you're coming with me." Taylor whispered, making Corinne smile.

"Like you said before, we've been apart long enough." Corinne told her before she leaned over, pressing a soft kiss to Taylor's cheek.

Her lips lingered for a second before she pulled back, leaving an inch or two between their faces.

Taylor's eyes flickered to her lips, snapping back up to look into those green eyes that felt like home.

"Bye, Cori." She whispered, her eyes sparkling with love.

"Bye, Teff." Corinne replied before brushing their noses together and getting out of the car.

Taylor took a deep breath, waiting until Corinne had walked inside for her to drive away.

Corinne watched her drive away through the window, smiling to herself.

She looked at the guitar resting against the wall in the living room.

Corinne grabbed the guitar, putting it into its case before nodding.

She wanted this one piece of her father.

This was the only thing that she wanted. One of the only good memories.

-----☆☆☆

The next morning, Corinne was showered and ready when Taylor pulled up to her house.

Taylor knocked on the front door, immediately smiling as it opened.

"Hey." Corinne greeted with a smile.