5

《《《   𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘥𝘴. 𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘴... 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶...   》》》

-----☆♡☆

"You remember, don't you?"

Corinne looked down for a few moments, rubbing her hands together.

"Corinne. I'm serious. You still have this picture, do you remember me?" Taylor questioned, taking a step closer to Corinne, holding the picture up to emphasize her point.

"What? That's just... That..." Corinne trailed off as she tried to deny it.

"Corinne. I know when you're lying. Your voice has changed, but your body language hasn't. Now, do not lie to me. Do you remember this picture. Do you... Do you remember me?" Taylor questioned, her voice faltering slightly.

Corinne looked up at her before nodding. "Yeah... Yeah, I do." She confirmed, making hurt cover Taylor's features as she took a small step back in betrayal.

"Then why pretend you didn't? When I first saw you that night outside the bar, why not just tell me you knew?" Taylor asked, her hand gripping the Polaroid photo.

"I was afraid." Corinne admitted, making Taylor frown.

"Of what?"

"Of... Of letting you in again. Of losing you again. When you left, Taylor, I never got over it. Pennsylvania wasn't the same. I was alone again." Corinne told her, running a hand through her curly hair.

"I can understand that, I can. But I don't understand why it's been three days, and not once did you bring it up. Even when I mentioned Pennsylvania." Taylor spoke, her blue eyes full of betrayal.

"So it would be easier. So that when you left, it wouldn't hurt as much."

Taylor frowned, staring at her. "I just got you back. You really think I would leave after just getting you back?" Taylor asked softly, making Corinne look at her.

"It's been 20 years, Taylor. We don't know each other anymore." She whispered, making Taylor's shoulders slump.

"But we can."

Corinne chewed her lip, gently taking the Polaroid from Taylor.

"I didn't think you would remember me. Truthfully, I didn't. When you called my name, I didn't know how else to react." She spoke softly, staring down at the Polaroid.

"But I do. I always have. I could never... ever you. Ever." Taylor told her, taking a step closer.

"I missed you, Cori." Taylor whispered, making Corinne set the Polaroid down, smiling sadly at the woman in front of her.

"I missed you too, Teff." She replied before Taylor hugged her tightly, making Corinne grunt at the force of which Taylor had thrown herself at her.

Corinne wrapped her arms around Taylor tightly, burying her face into the crook of her neck.

"My Cori..." Taylor whispered, closing her eyes.

She could feel her eyes getting teary.

20 years.

20 long years full of dreaming. Of trying to find her. Of just... wishing to hold her again.

Taylor knew that not finding Corinne sooner had always been her biggest regret.

And here she was.

In her arms.

And it felt the same, if not better.