7

《《《   𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳... 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳...   》》》

-----☆♡☆

"You look great, Cori. You don't need to worry." Taylor said, watching Corinne adjust her jacket nervously.

"I haven't seen them in 20 years. So much has changed." Corinne whispered, tapping her thumb against her thigh in the car.

Taylor glanced over at her before grabbing her hand. "It'll be fine. Don't worry." Taylor assured, squeezing her hand three times.

She went to pull her hand away, but Corinne held onto it. Taylor smiled as Corinne took a deep breath.

Taylor parked the car, making Corinne look up from their hands to see a mansion.

"No wonder we never crossed paths. Jesus christ..." She muttered, making Taylor chuckle as she stood off her seatbelt.

Corinne took hers off, getting out of the car as Taylor grabbed her phone.

Corinne walked around the car, opening Taylor's door for her.

"Oh, thank you." Taylor said, a small blush rushing to her cheeks.

Corinne nodded with a smile as Taylor held a hand out for her. Their fingers interlaced as Taylor led her her to the door.

As soon as they got inside, quick steps came sprinting towards them.

"No, Kitty!" Taylor exclaimed as Kitty jumped up, trying to lick Taylor's face.

"Aw, she's adorable." Corinne whispered, taking Kitty's attention off of Taylor.

She kneeled down, scratching behind Kitty's ear.

"Hi, sweet girl." Corinne muttered, kissing the top of Kitty's head.

"There you are, sweetie. Everyone's in the living room." Andrea spoke, walking to the door.

Taylor nodded as Corinne stood up, her posture tense and nervous. Taylor noticed, putting a hand on the small of her back and rubbing small circles.

"Mom, you remember Cori?" Taylor spoke, making Andrea nod.

"Of course I do." She replied, hugging the girl. "You're so grown up now." Andrea said, pulling back after a few moments to smile.

Corinne dropped her gaze with a nervous smile.

"Still as shy as before." Andrea teased, making Corinne smile genuinely.

"Well, don't just stand there. Join everyone else." Andrea told the girls before walking to the kitchen.

Kitty trailed after her, her tail wagging excitedly.

"See? That wasn't so bad." Taylor said, putting her hand on Corinne's back again.

Corinne cracked a smile, taking off her shoes. "No, it wasn't." She agreed, watching Taylor take off her own shoes and set them aside.

Taylor moved behind the woman, helping her out of her jacket and hanging it on the coat rack.

"Who all is here, by the way?" Corinne asked as Taylor pushed her forward slightly, leading her to the living room.

"My family and Abigail. It's a small Thanksgiving this year." Taylor informed, earning a small nod from Corinne.

"There you are. We were wondering where you went." Scott said, sending Taylor a smile.