Going home to Berk - 16

'You made the right decision son, everyone loses a battle every once and a while' Stoick placed a comforting hand on Hiccup's shoulder.
'Everyone except you,' he said, feeling a little better. Everyone in the hall started to laugh, Stoick has lost a few battles but no one talks about them.
'But there is something else on your mind son, tell us that is what we are here for' Stoick gestured to the table in front of him.
'It's just Kiara, she fired on the Singetails, but they are just innocent victims being forced to carry the flyers' Hiccup was ashamed that he was talking about you in a negative manner but he couldn't get over it.

'Kiara is a true warrior Hiccup, as soon as you try to divide one from the other you are a dead man, it's not the Singetails or the flyers, it's them or us son and Kiara will fight for us every time' Stoick tried to ease Hiccup thought but the only worsened them. Stoick left the hall to go get Berk ready for an attack, while everyone split up to do the same.
You were walking up to the hall when Stoick passed you.
'Kiara we need to talk' he said demandingly as he passed you. You huffed in annoyance as you turned on your heels and followed him back down the steps.
'What did I do now?' you asked but he just chuckled.
'nothing , it's just Hiccup is upset with your methods in the heat of battle' he said delicately.
'It's because I fired at that Singetail isn't it?' you asked and he nodded. Of course it was.
'Well it fired first, and in a war you can't give anything less that your 100%' you said which he agreed with.

'When you're in war you can't ask your soldiers, your friends to give less than their 100%, that is what gets people hurt or worse, he just can't see that' you rambled on while Stoick just walked beside you and listened. While you and Hiccup looked the same, you acted entirely differently.
'I understand Kiara, but you also have to understand that Hiccup doesn't view the world like you do, he also hasn't experienced the things that you have had to' Stoick said which made sense.
'Yeah well he can't blame me for doing the necessary things to keep us safe' you crossed your arms when you came to a stop by the docks.
'This place is going to be a war zone' Gobber said while he walked over.
'Aye it is, I can't believe i'm saying this again, but it might be us or the dragons' Stoick said seriously which made you look up at him in disbelief.

'Kiara I need you to help Astrid train the others in the arena' Stoick ordered. You nodded and started to walk up back towards the arena. You heard Astrid yelling when you arrived and you knew it wasn't going well.
'Stop messing around Tuffnut' Astrid said angrily.
'I'm not doing anything, its her and her little friend over there' he complained as he pointed t Throck and Ruff, you forgot about him and Ruff, how lovely.
'Oh hey Kiara what are you doing here?' Astrid asked.
'Here to help you out, get them in line' you gestured to Ruff who was now throwing rock at Tuff. You brought your hand to your mouth so you could whistle to Luna so she would know you needed her. A couple moments later she came running into the arena looking excited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You aimed an arrow with a paint ball on the end at Astrid who was on the opposing team, but you angled it down slightly making sure to hit Stormfly in the face causing her to panic a little. You quickly pulled out another one and shot Astrid in the chest. She tried to fire back at you but you dodged the arrows.
'Aww no hard feelings Astrid, I think blue is your color' you smiled as you landed Luna next to Stormfly. She just smiled and flicked some paint at you.

'Hiccup, where's Hiccup?' Stoick said while he walked into the arena.
'He's not here Chief, he said he had to find another way to save the Singetails and he flew off' Astrid said.
'I hate it when he flies off, well I guess you and I'll have a talk then' he said pointing to you.
'Good luck' Astrid whispered when you walked past her, you shot her a worried look before walking off with Stoick, ready to take on whatever he was going to ask you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
'Can you do that?' Stoick asked you, he wanted you to lead the dragon riders from above while taking back the edge since Hiccup wasn't here to do it.
'Sure' you said not really confidently. Stoick just smiled and used his hand to make you look up at him.
'I have faith in you Kiara, you are stronger than you realize' he then walked away to get the ships ready before the morning. You walked back to your hut but you didn't sleep, you grabbed a jacket and walked away from Berk into the woods. You didn't care that it was dark, the moonlight gave enough. You walked until you came across a burial sight. You crouched down and placed your hands on your knees. Taking a deep breath you began to speak
'So we're going to try and take back the edge tomorrow from the flyers, should be interesting. Hiccup has flown off to who knows where, I mean i'm not surprised he's doing what he thinks is right who can blame him' as you spoke you felt sadness and guilt build in your chest, you haven't visited her grave in a while but if you were going to die you thought you might want to say one last goodbye to your best friend.
'I'm sorry, I did this, I should have saved you, but I couldn't. I wasn't strong enough, but if I die tomorrow... at least we'll be reunited' you said as you stood up, after fixing some flowers that had been left and clearing the headstone a little you left, not fearing what could happen tomorrow.