Unlikely allies -21

It has been months since Krogan and the flyers tried to take Berk, and Luna had fully recovered. She was at her hyperactive, silly self again but the scars still littered her skin. Whenever you mounted her for a fly you would look down and you would see where the ax was embedded in her back. The flyers came this close to taking the one thing you couldn't live without away from you, and you weren't going to let that go unpunished.

'Kiara take a look at this' Hiccup called you over, he showed you a terror mail from Stoick. He was asking you and Hiccup to both come alone to an island where he had supposedly found a dragon eye lens. Yea trap, definitely.
'Yeah, no' you answered, right away you knew this wasn't Stoick hsi handwriting wasn't that neat and readable.
'We still need to go Kiara, what if it is actually dad?' Hiccup tried to reason with you but at least he agreed this was a bit sketchy.
'Fine, but when this is proven to be a trap I'm leaving' you said, Hiccup just smiled and took off on Toothless.

It didn't take you that long to get to the island, an hour and a half maybe. The island was small and dense with vegetation, you landed Luna and slit off her with your sword in hand.
'Hiccup we should go, this doesn't feel right' the two of you walked until you came across a tree stump with a maces and talons piece on it, okay we need to leave.
'The accomplice, one of the most powerful pieces in maces and talons' you both spun around the see Viggo.
'Yeah I knew it was you' Hiccup said, wow how nice of you to tell me you thought to yourself as you rolled your eyes.
'Yes well i can't give you too much credit, a false terror mail wasn't my most clever ruse but time was of the essence' he spoke as he took a step forward.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You just stood there dumbfounded, Viggo he was back and he was asking for your help after everything he did but if you were honest you felt bad for the guy. He went from being one of the most well known and respected dragon hunters around, to someone who is supposed to be dead.

'I will never help you' Hiccup said angrily, I mean the guy did hold an ax to his girlfriend's throat sooooo understandable you thought as you looked between them.
'I think it's a good idea' you perked up and the two of them looked at you with the same surprised look on their faces. They were so much alike and you were only now realizing it.
'I mean, we haven't made much progress with Krogan and Johann these past couple months, why not try a different approach' you spoke. Hiccup looked at you confused, while Viggo smiled.
'Seriously Kiara, you're agreeing with him, why?' he questioned, Viggo also perked up at this he two ws curious as to why you were agreeing with him. Even he would admit this plan was a bit far fetched.
'Because'. All you want is for Krogan and Johann to be dead, whether it's at your feet or not, or by your hand or not. They attacked Berk, all of your allies, they endangered your family and friends, and they almost killed your best friend. It was time someone ended this once and for all. You took a deep breath before answering again.
'Because this war has gone on long enough, and it needs to finally end' you spoke calmly but Hiccup was still reluctant to agree.

Viggo threw aside a piece of fish for toothless to eat, when he was finished he spoke.
'Do you know what red oleander is?' he asked
'Yes' Hiccup asked, you knew he was lying.
'Well no you don't actually, red oleander is toxic to dragons, if it is ingested by a dragon it was cause a slow agonizing death, they won't go near it due to its pungent odour but if that was disguised with another strong smell, one might I say fish' Hiccup looked at Toothless worriedly as he licked his lips and looked back confused. Hiccup pulled out his sword and held it to Viggos throat, you've never seen him like this before.

'Give me the antidote' he yelled.
'I don't have it only Johann does, help me and I will get you the antidote, if you don't in three days time your dragon will die' you listened to them fight unphased. You knew what red oleander is, he got the odor part right but it wasn't toxic at all you wondered what he was up to. You debated ending this and telling Hiccup that his dragon would be fine, but a part of you wanted to see what Viggo was planning, why would he lie.

Hiccup grumbled in anger and frustration as he ran his fingers through his hair.
'Kiara can you watch him please, I just need to think' he said as he walked away into the woods with Toothless at his side.
'Yep sure whatever' you answered. There were a few moments of awkward silence before you spoke.
'Why did you lie?' you asked, he just turned and played dumb.
'About what my dear?' you forgot how good hearing that from him felt but you ignored those feelings, they will not come up again.
'Iu know what red oleander is, it isn't toxic at all, why lie about it when all he has to do is ask me and i'll tell him the truth?' you explained.

He sighed before he spoke again.
'Because I need Hiccups, help, I need your help for my plan to work perfectly, he's changed since we had last met he's more cautious, more ruthless I can see it in his eyes' Viggo said which was true, these past couple months had been though on all of you, especially after what happened on Berk.
'That's what war does, it changes us, even the most pure of us'
'Like how it changed you?' Viggo said which surprised you. Before you could respond, someone interrupted you.
'We'll help you, but I want the dragon eye and lenses in return' Hiccup said, seemingly ignoring how close you and Viggo had become while he was away. You stepped back towards Luna as Hiccup and Viggo spoke but you couldn't shake the feeling in your gut, those old feelings were coming back again but you couldn't let them, not this time.