Recovery - 24

You landed Luna in front of your hut and Hiccup called Fishlegs over to help, you moved him into your hut and placed him in your bed.
'Hiccup what's going on?' Fishlegs asked which you understood but could he wait until after he saved Viggos life to ask the questions.
'Help him Fishlegs, i'll explain later' he said as he walked out of the room to help grab some things he'll need.

After what felt like forever Fishlegs exited your room, his hands were slightly bloody but he looked pleased.
'Is he alright?' you asked
'We won't know for sure but I'm sure he will be' he said as he realized the massive cut on your forehead that was still slightly bleeding.
'Let me help you' he said but you declined, you always bandaged yourself up after a fight.
'Kiara, just let me help you' he held up a clean wet cloth and smiled. You agreed and finally sat down

After he had finished he left you alone, leaving to find Hiccup for the explanation he really needed. Hiccup called a team meeting in the clubhouse to discuss what happened, but you didn't go. You walked into your room and saw Viggo laying in your bed, he almost looked peaceful while he rested. It was probably the first time he had properly slept in a long time. Luna followed behind you, she placed her head at the edge of the bed and laid down next to it.
'You gonna watch him girl?' you asked before you left your hut and walked towards the clubhouse.

'I don't trust the guy Hiccup,' Astrid said
'I mean I wouldn't want him in my hut' Snotlout said smugly.
'Oh so you think his master plan is to kill you in your sleep huh?' you asked.
'I wouldn't put it past him' he responded'
'Look guys I know how you feel , I felt the same way at first but he sacrificed his life so we could escape. I don't think he's that person anymore,' Hiccup said truthfully. Everyone looked at each other as they all could see that he was right, if Viggo Girmborn hadn't  changed then he wouldn't be here right now.
'Well if Kiara trusts him I can try,' Fishlegs said, which made Snotlout look at him confused.
'What, what?'
'Because I trust her and if he can gain her trust then I believe it' Fishlegs said which made you smile.

You walked back to your hut and were beginning to feel tired, your headache had become bearable thanks to some herbal tea Fishlegs gave you. Kicking off your shoes and taking off your jacket you walked into your room to see Viggo was still asleep.
You walked up to the side of the bed to grab one of the pillows he wasn't using but you stopped, you looked at him and smiled.

'Please wake up' you whispered mostly to yourself as you touched his right cheek. You grabbed the pillow and left the room and decided to camp out with Luna for the night, she was rolled up on the floor since she shouldn't hang upside down in here. You placed the pillow down next to her and laid beside her, she quickly wrapped her wing around you keeping you warm and comfortable and slowly you felt yourself fall asleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Waking up you found yourself walking towards your room, you just wanted to see if he was awake yet. You didn't expect him to be so it kinda surprised you when you found him sitting up in bed, you were happy he was awake but he should be laying down and resting
'You should lay down, wouldn't want to tear your stitches' he looked up to see you in the doorway.
'What happened?' he asked.
'Fishlegs fixed you up, how are you feeling?' you asked.
'Like I was shot in the back, how about you, how are you feeling?' he asked.
'Like I had my head caved in' you smiled as you matched his sarcasm. He just smiled at you warmly.
'I'm glad you're awake, give us quite the scare there' you said as you stepped into the room, your steps were a bit wobbly, your concussion had finally set in and your headache had returned. But you were happy to see him awake and feeling better.

His smile faded as he saw your head, blood was slightly seeping through the bandages and your cheek and the bridge of your nose was bruised.
'How's your head darling?' he asked, his morning voice making shivers run down your spine.
'Hurts like a bitch' you chuckled, you were used to feeling pain at this point.
'You should lay down,' he said but he needed the bed more than you did. He's the one that almost died.
'No i'm fine, you should sit down' you tried to stand up but he grabbed your hand.
'Please lay down, you need rest just as much as I do' his grasp on your hand was gentle, it felt nice. You caved, moved onto the bed and sat up straight against the headboard, you also moved your knees to your chest and hugged them.

'So how was working with Krogan and Johann, fun I hope' you said with a smile which he returned.
'It was anything but, Krogan is one of the most arrogant people I have ever met and Johann is just obsessed with the riders and Berk' he chuckled as he sat back and faced you.
'May I ask you a question?' he asked.
'Sure'
'Why didn't you tell Hiccup about the red oleander, you knew I was lying and you had every right to tell him but you didn't, why?'
'Because I wanted Krogan and Johann dead so badly that I decided to play along with you' you answered.
'I understand that,' he said which made you smile, perhaps saving him would turn out to be not such a bad idea after all.