Confrontation

The shooting incident was about a week ago now and Jimin and I had barely exchanged a word in the last few days.

On the one hand I was quite happy not to have been rejected or to have to justify myself, but on the other hand it made me extremely angry.

Did he really just ignore what had happened?

Had it been so unremarkable for him?

Sure, that had been perfectly normal behaviour on my part. My inner voice dripped with irony.

Or did he think my kisses were so bad and was now disgusted by me?

I leaned back in my computer chair and decided that there was absolutely no point in continuing to work. The thoughts were far too loud in my head.

Yes, we had been avoiding each other, sometimes more, sometimes less actively.

I had tried to bring it up a few times, but Jimin had turned me down with some flimsy reason. I couldn't even get a complete sentence out. And that nagged at me!

In the evening, I lay awake for hours and imagined how such a conversation would go. After several rounds in my head, I had finally decided to tell him directly what was going on: 'Jimin, I'm madly in love with you and I just couldn't resist you that day.'

Sounded totally good, didn't it?

I frowned at myself and ran a theatrical gesture through my hair.

It doesn't matter, as it wouldn't come to a conversation anyway. He ignored me or the topic was already done for him and I was once again the only one who gave a damn.

Namjoon and J-Hope had also been watching our theatre with pity for the last few days, but understandably their hands were also tied.

Sorrowfully, I let myself sink forward until I was lying with my head on the desk and my arms dangling limply towards the floor.

I let out a frustrated, drawn-out sigh.

I took a deep breath to regain my composure when suddenly my studio door flew open and banged noisily against the wall.

The bang scared me so badly that I jumped up in my chair and turned around to face the door.

"Yoongi!!! You owe me an explanation!"

The loud voice made me flinch right away.

"Jimin!"

Jimin was standing in the doorway and even though I had just boldly fantasised this conversation, I suddenly felt absolutely unable to have it either.

I decided to buy some time first and got up to close the door behind Jimin. Not everyone had to know what this was all about. On the way to the door, a thousand thoughts flashed through my mind.

Why had he come now of all times? How would I manage to say what I wanted to say? How would he react?

With a click the door fell shut.

"You know, I-" - am in love with you.

At least I had intended to say that, but before I could finish, I felt the wall in my back.

Jimin had grabbed me by the collar and pushed me roughly against the wall.

"How could you do this to me?!"

The words struck me like a lightning bolt. Anger rose in me.

 I apologise, my dear sir, for having defiled you with my irresponsible action.