Chapter Three

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

She really is rather beautiful. Lauren inhaled deeply from the joint she was enjoying out on the front steps of the tattoo parlor. She squinted at the flustered brunette as she tried to figure out what she should say. But before she could, her phone chimed in her pocket and she reached for it to read the text...from Camila:

Home safe. You were

amaziing. When i

calll you tommorow

i am goin to ask you

out on a proper date.

Sweeet dreams.

xxx C.

She snapped her phone shut and fixed her gaze on Camila. Those brown eyes will be the death of me. "So, you're going to ask me out on a date, huh?" The raven girl did her best to keep the smile off her face even though it was all she wanted to do. This is your chance, Beautiful. Don't fuck it up!

Lauren waited expectantly for Camila to say something. The brunette stared back at her. Nothing. The moment passed. Lauren looked down at her hands and inspected the still burning joint between her fingers. Her heart ached for the second time that day.

"Lauren, I..." Camila took one step towards her. "I must have accidentally sent that message. I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Lauren stubbed out her joint on the step and got to her feet. This time Camila didn't miss the look of disappointment on her face.

"No, I mean, what it said wasn't an accident. I obviously meant it when I typed it out. I just didn't mean to actually send the message at this exact moment in time...is what I meant..." Camila's explanation trailed off as she tried to keep the raven girl from leaving.

Lauren regarded Camila with a skeptical eye. Camila smiled at her shyly. Lauren could see the blush on her cheeks. "Have a seat." Lauren sat back down on the steps making a space next to her for the brunette. Camila sat down and folded her hands in her lap.

Lauren re-lit the joint and took a drag. "I'm going to assume that your social awkwardness today is the result of a blinding hangover..." She handed the joint to Camila. "...because you were definitely social last night."

Camila pulled a deep drag off the joint, a bit too eagerly, in retrospect, on account of her nerves. She choked on the smoke and coughed into the crook of her arm. She passed it back to Lauren, "It's good. Smooth."

Lauren chuckled, "So, what brings you to my door for the second time this evening? I know it's not for another tattoo."

Camila smiled as she finally relaxed and exhaled the breath she had been unknowingly holding. "To be perfectly honest, Lauren, I have no idea how I got back here. I just wasn't thinking and my feet brought me back to you." She turned to face the raven girl and smiled widely.

"Here, have some more." Lauren handed her the joint again. "It seems to be working for you." The two girls laughed and Camila took her up on the offer.

"You have no idea." The brunette took another long drag pondering her day. "You know, it wasn't until about four minutes ago that I realized just how hung-over I've been today. Must have cleaned out the bar last night."

"You and Harry were more than halfway through a bottle of Jager by the time our paths crossed." Lauren winked at Camila.

"Jesus Christ! That explains it. Harry knows better than to give me Jager. I blackout completely on the stuff!" Camila shook her head ruefully.