Chapter Thirty Seven

All rights go to original author.

________________________________________________________________

The lazy breeze coming in from the open window gently cooled the light sheen of sweat that covered their bare skin. Lauren's naked back, Camila's hands that were still clutching on to her, gripping her hip and the ink on her shoulder, a leg that had escaped from under the covers. They felt the chill of the evening air as Lauren kissed Camila slowly, caressing her lips with her own, as their bodies relaxed and their other senses regained their abilities.

Camila was still trying to catch her breath as Lauren slowly pulled her fingers from between the brunette's thighs and let her body slide off of hers and to the side. She rolled onto her back and brushed a few strands of damp black hair away from her eyes as she let her muscles melt into the soft sheets. Suddenly, feeling very naked with the absence of Lauren's body on top of hers, Camila pulled the covers up to her chin.

Lauren was enjoying the come-down, sheets at her waist, nipples hard, chest heaving; she felt overheated and a bit light-headed, riding out her high. They had been at it for hours; it had helped take her mind off of those five little words she had confessed without getting a reply, but now everything felt a bit cramped in Camila's single bed, suffocating. There was no space between their bodies, no room to move. Lauren tucked her right arm behind her head. "Remind me to take you back to my place next time we're going to fuck all afternoon. Your bed is horrible."

Camila turned onto her side, leaning on her elbow, head resting against her hand. She smiled down at the raven haired girl who was occupying her extra pillow; her fingers immediately started tracing the lines of Lauren's tattoos, the ones that were visible anyway. She wanted to say that what they had just been doing was far more than simply fucking, but she didn't. "You could barely make it up the stairs without undressing me. I highly doubt you'd have been up for the commute back to yours."

Lauren grinned back at the brunette. "You fucked me in your school's laundry room. I thought the stairwell would be a conservative choice in comparison."

Camila bit her bottom lip and a blush covered her cheeks. She still couldn't believe she had done that. Wait until I tell Harry! He probably won't believe it either. He'll say he's finally rubbing off on me. Camila tried to hold back what some might call a smug grin as her fingertips lingered over her favorite of Lauren's pieces - the antique key beneath her breast. The one that was given no explanation. The one that was still healing when she saw it for the first time all those weeks ago. The one she couldn't bring herself to ask about.

"You've still never told me about this one." Camila changed her focus and stroked the length of Lauren's upper arm. The light coming in from the street picked up the bright colors of her half-sleeve tattoo; the greens of the tree leaves always caught Camila's eye. Green reminded her of the raven haired girl.

Lauren turned her head to follow Camila's line of sight, almost as if she had to remind herself what it was that Camila was referring to. She let out a measured breath. "I was going to. I mean, I skipped it originally when I told you about the others and I haven't mentioned it since, because...I kind of wanted to see if you'd remember it on your own." Lauren looked over at Camila's face to catch her reaction. "Like, you'd see it one day and it would just pop into your head and you'd remember everything I told you about it on the night we met. You know, like some of the other things you've remembered."

And there is was. Camila's expression changed the way it always did when Lauren mentioned that night; she could see her jaw muscles clench, her brown eyes all of a sudden looked dull. It made Lauren's heart ache every time she saw that look, but she couldn't bring herself to keep on ignoring it like Camila did. Just mentioning that night made Camila sad as opposed to the way it made Lauren's heart swell and instantly brought a smile to her face. She hadn't lost hope, not really, but each day they spent together was another day further away from those memories. Perhaps it was time to finally admit to herself that they were truly lost.