Chapter Twenty Six

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

"Camila, can you come here a sec?"

Lauren's voice sounded from behind her bedroom door. Camila glanced up from one of Lauren's textbooks that she had been flipping though. It was a welcomed interruption as Camila had just stumbled upon a section entitled Indications of Infection and it was fully illustrated. "Yeah, sure."

Camila closed the book and put it back on the coffee table. She crossed over to Lauren's door and knocked on it lightly before turning the knob and peering in. "You rang."

"Hey." Lauren stood in front of her open wardrobe, her jewelry removed and shoes kicked off. She had gone to change out of her dress and "slip into something more comfortable" while adding that Camila was not allowed to go home because it was already late and they had plans for breakfast anyway.

"I need you to get me out of this dress."

Camila's eyes went wide.

"Not like that." Lauren chuckled. "The zipper, it's one of those impossible ones that is perfectly unreachable."

Camila smirked and crossed over to the raven haired girl. She had now taken her heels off and Camila loved how much smaller she was, it made her feel better about her own height. "Hmm...and how exactly were you able to get into it then?"

"Lily zipped me up before you got here." Lauren smirked back.

"Oh." The thought of Lily being any where near Lauren while she was partially dressed wiped the look off her face.

"I could call her if it's too much trouble, although she also had a date tonight so she might not be too pleased."

Camila was comforted by the knowledge that Lily was out on a date with someone; she wasn't sure why. "That won't be necessary."

Lauren turned and swept her hair to the side. Camila reached for the zipper; her hand was a bit shaky. She pulled it down slowly, the material of Lauren's dress falling to each side revealing the pale skin of her back. Camila caught a glimpse of tattoo on her shoulder blade; her pulse quickened. She couldn't see all of it, only a few words. She had never wanted to read something so badly in her life.

Lauren turned back around, holding the front of the dress to her body. "Thanks."

Camila swallowed and nodded her head. "Anytime."

They stood there looking at each other for a long moment. Camila watched as one of the straps slid off Lauren's shoulder. The raven haired girl's mouth turned up at the corners and she looked down to where her hands were holding up her dress.

Camila's eyes went wide. "Oh my God!" She spun on her heel and turned her back to Lauren. "I'm sorry! I didn't, I'll go." She took a step towards the door.

"Stay."

Camila's hand froze on the doorknob. She had heard Lauren's request, but she didn't turn around. "Alright." Camila tried to suppress her smile and bit her bottom lip.

Lauren turned her body towards the wardrobe, but kept her eyes on the brunette. She wore a cheeky grin. "Don't look, okay?"

Camila scoffed playfully. "Honey, your body ain't that special."

Lauren grinned widely and looked away, her dress falling off her body and landing at her feet with an almost inaudible thud.

Brown eyes blinked rapidly as Camila tried to calm her breathing and her steadily increasing heart beat. She heard a drawer slide open and then shut again and the rustling of fabric. She knew that she wasn't supposed to look, but she thought that perhaps a quick glance wouldn't be looking really and maybe she'd be able to see the rest of what was tattooed on Lauren's shoulder.