Chapter Twenty Five

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

The door clicked shut behind Camila as she watched Lauren hang her jacket on the rack and Camila couldn't help but crack a smile as she took off her own coat, standing in her tippy toes, hanging it next to Lauren's.

"Do you want tea or something?" Lauren gave Camila a quick glance and crossed over to the kitchen as if they hadn't just been making out in the dark, pressed up against each other with their hands gripping onto hot skin.

Camila blinked a few times when she noticed that Lauren was staring back at her from behind the counter, waiting for a reply. "Uh, yeah. Tea. Fine. Thank you." Camila had to stop letting her mind wander off like that, but she was finding it harder and harder to stay focused when all she could think about was the next time Lauren's lips would be on hers. She decided that standing in the middle of the living room like a lump would only make it more difficult. "I'll help." She needed to be closer.

Lauren flicked on the kettle as Camila approached her in the kitchen, her green eyes flitting from the brunette's eyes to her lips to her cleavage and back again. Camila wasn't the only one whose mind was unable to remain on track. Lauren licked her lips as the space between them became less and less. "You don't have to help...if you don't want to." Lauren's light green eyes were searching the deep brown ones in front of her.

Camila took another step towards the green eyed girl and let her eyes take in all there was to see. At this point, she didn't see a reason to hide it. "I want to."

Camila reached out to take hold of Lauren's waist, but just as her hands made contact with her silky dress, Lauren turned her back on Camila and opened the top cupboard. "If you wouldn't mind grabbing some mugs then." She pressed her back against Camila and placed her hands on the counter top.

Camila's eyes closed as she felt Lauren's body on hers again, her hands lightly traveling up Lauren's sides, across her ribcage, to her shoulders. Camila had to watch as her fingertips grazed over Lauren's vibrant half-sleeve tattoo. It fascinated her and she knew that she'd never grow tired of gazing at it. She noticed something different about it each time she had the chance to really study it without feeling self-conscious.

She wanted to know all about it, why Lauren had picked it, what it meant, if it was a real place or just imagined. She wanted Lauren to tell her everything; she thought that perhaps, maybe, Lauren already had. Camila was sure there were loads of things that they had discussed on that night they met, things that she couldn't remember. It was what stopped her from asking, hoping that what she craved to know about the raven haired girl would just come up in conversation on its own.

Camila's thin fingers made their way down the rest of Lauren's arms and found the backs of her hands, their fingers lacing together as the kettle started to make a low rumbling sound next to them. "Weren't you supposed to be getting us some mugs?" Lauren tilted her head back and to the side to look up into Camila's eyes.

"I do recall that request being made, however...." Camila wrapped both sets of arms around Lauren's frame and leaned up closer to the taller girl's ear. "I got distracted." Lauren grinned and Camila placed a gentle kiss on her bare shoulder. Camila untangled her right hand and reached into the cupboard, placing two bright yellow mugs in front of them.

The kettle had reached its boiling point and started on with its high-pitched whistle. Lauren wiggled her left hand free and turned off the burner. She grabbed the box of tea bags from its place next to the stove and proceeded to flip open the top, one-handed, and place a bag in each cup.

Camila reached for the sugar bowl, which was almost out of reach, but managed to grab it without having to disrupt their embrace. If she weren't so completely entranced by the feeling of Lauren's backside against her frontside, Camila would have thought the entire scene was outrageously counterproductive.