Chapter Twenty Nine

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

Lauren awoke with a strange feeling in her chest that she didn't recognize at first. It was slightly painful but mostly exhilarating and she decided that she wouldn't open her eyes just yet, but she would let a smile escape from her lips. Part of her wanted to hold on to the feeling for as long as she could while the other just wanted it to pass, because she was going to have to ignore it anyway.

So as she laid there with her eyes closed and her hands gripping the sheets that covered her naked skin, her mind began replaying the events from the night before. Her fingers tangled in soft brown hair, her thighs pressed against firm thighs, her tongue sliding over a hard nipple, her lips kissing perfect lips over and over again. Lauren preferred these thoughts; they were easy and distracting and the ache in her chest was quickly forgotten.

She decided that it was safe to open her eyes now and turn over to look at the girl who was asleep beside her, sharing her bed. Camila. And as she rolled onto her side and as her green eyes blinked and adjusted to the light, she reached out to find cold sheets where Camila's warm body should have been.

Lauren pulled her hand back like it had been burned and curled into a ball, wrapping her duvet around her tightly. She shouldn't be surprised really; it had to be past noon by now and she had caught the crafty brunette tiptoeing across her living room floor once before in an attempt not to wake her.

The raven haired girl didn't have a chance to dwell on the disappointment she was feeling for too long as the sound of ceramic breaking and a stream of expletives sounded through her closed bedroom door. Camila.

The smile that spread across Lauren's face could have powered the city. Camila hadn't left; she was still there, destroying her kitchen, and Lauren couldn't have been happier.

As the swearing and muttering from the other room continued, Lauren's phone beeped from its place on the nightstand. A text from Taylor:

I've changed my mind.
I am going out tonight.
All men are useless
asswipes and I don't
feel like staying in.
Might as well give the
lesbians some sexy eye
candy to enjoy. Call me
as soon as Cabello
manages to climb off
your face. X- T

Lauren placed her phone back on the nightstand as she let that image play on repeat in her head. She was interrupted from her filthy thoughts as the door to her bedroom slowly opened and the subject of her fantasy appeared balancing two cups of tea and a plate of toast.

"You're awake." Camila seemed almost disappointed; she had planned to wake Lauren up with soft kisses, but when she saw Lauren's eyes roaming up and down her body with that now familiar look of lust, the brunette's plans were soon forgotten.

"You realize this is what dreams are made of, right?" Lauren propped herself up on her elbows, grinning, and continued to appreciate the sight before her.

Camila stood at the foot of the bed. She looked at the tea and toast she was carrying, but couldn't for the life of her figure out what was so special about that.

Lauren shook her head and chuckled. "You Camila. Look at you." The green eyed girl's devilish grin disappeared and was replaced with a look of pure adoration. "You're...amazing."

Camila could feel a blush cover her cheeks; she dropped her head slightly to hide the color. It was then that Camila remembered that she was wearing only her blue button-up shirt, which was primarily unbuttoned and showing off everything, and nothing else but her panties. Her long legs were on full display. It occurred to Camila that perhaps she might look kind of sexy in that morning after sort of way, but she brushed that notion away as she moved to the side of the bed that was meant for her.

It was hours later that a second round of coffee and toast was made; the first had gone cold from where it had been set down and immediately forgotten as Lauren pulled Camila back into bed.

"What did you do to it?" Lauren's eyes were wide.

"I can't say." Camila took a sip from her mug.

"But, this is just..." Lauren was at a loss for words.

Camila just nodded but stayed silent.

"Camila. This is the best toast I've ever had in my life. Tell me how you make it!" The raven haired girl was getting frustrated with the brunette's refusal to divulge her toast-making secrets. Camila just shook her head and took another sip of coffee.

"Fine." Lauren continued to munch on her toast.

Camila's eyes flashed worry as she looked back over at Lauren. She couldn't tell if she had meant fine as in "It's fine. I'll stop asking the questions you won't answer," or fine as in "Fine. I'm never going to kiss you again, because you won't answer the question." Camila was one hundred percent sure she wanted it to be the first scenario.

Camila bit her bottom lip. Better not chance it this early on. "I use the oven instead of the toaster and during the last thirty seconds, I add the butter so it melts into the bread. Oh, and there's a thing I do with the temperature and length of time before I flip it over. The flipping done before the butter, of course."

Lauren smiled at the brunette. "I can't believe you gave it up that easily." She chuckled and leaned in, placing a soft kiss on Camila's lips, but the brunette did not return it. Lauren pulled back smirking and took another big bite of toast.

Camila tried to act as if she was offended by Lauren's comment, but she couldn't resist the green eyed girl's cheeky grin. So with a smile and a shrug, she said, "Well, I guess you'll never know what happens once it's out of the oven, which is too bad, because, really, that's the best and most important part. Shame."

Lauren narrowed her eyes at the gorgeous brunette sitting cross-legged in bed next to her, eating toast and sipping on tea, as the afternoon sun started to set, and she was suddenly filled with that painful but exhilarating feeling again. She had been up all night having incredible sex, had slept through most of the day for the first time in months, and had awoken to the sight of a half-naked girl bringing her breakfast in bed. This had to be the best twenty four hours of her life so far.

And as Lauren tried to stifle the warm and fuzzy feelings that were bubbling up inside her and threatening to overflow, she knew that it was only going to get better from here.

__________________________________________________________________

Omg this story has +40k views guys! I swear I just started this story! There are like, 20 chapters left so be on the look out!Until next time.~Val