Chapter Ten

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

The bell on the door rang out into the quiet of the empty street. The tone reverberated in Camila's ears, ricocheting off every cell in her recently silenced brain. The constant stream of consciousness that usually played at full speed in her mind had stopped; there was not one coherent thought running through that head of hers. She was acting on pure feelings, raw emotion, and alcohol. All she could see was green, a bit blurry, but definitely green, as her heart pounded in her chest.

Lauren was already at the door that led up to her flat; Camila was just a few wobbly steps back. She heard the jangling of keys as Lauren fumbled with the lock, giggling, and unlocked the door. She turned the knob, looking over her shoulder to make sure the brunette was behind her.

Camila smiled widely as she looked into Lauren's bright green eyes. "You are so fucking beautiful." Camila took a step towards her and stumbled. Lauren lurched forward, dropping her keys and letting go of the door, as she reached out to catch Camila.

Camila managed to find her balance, as she held up a hand to Lauren in a show of not needing her help. "I'm fine. I got it."

Lauren couldn't help but laugh a bit. "You sure?"

"Yes! Yes, I'm quite alright. Here, let me get those." Camila bent down to pick up Lauren's keys and stumbled forward again. Lauren caught her that time and pulled her up. "Sorry. Sorry. I'm just a bit..."

Camila felt Lauren's hands resting on her waist, holding her steady, thumbs pressing on her hip bones just slightly. Their bodies were close, heat radiated between them even in the cold night air. Camila licked her lips and held the bottom one between her teeth. She saw Lauren look down at them as she ran her tongue over her own.

"You are. I know I told you last night, but I just wanted to say it again. You're beautiful, Lauren Jauregui."

Without a moment's hesitation, Lauren brought their lips together urgently. Her hands slid around Camila's hips and pulled her closer. Camila wrapped her arms around her neck, dropping her sweater on the sidewalk so she could play with the hairs on the back of Lauren's neck.

Their lips moved together eagerly. Lauren tightened her hold on Camila's hips and let her fingers sooth the skin that was left exposed by Camila's sweater riding up. The feeling of it all made Camila respond. She increased her force as well; her hands slowly moved down Lauren's back, feeling each firm muscle move under her fingertips. She leisurely moved back up to her neck and gripped onto her hard, pulling their bodies closer. Lauren let out a soft moan into Camila's mouth as their bodies made contact.

Camila broke the kiss quickly and moved her head back to look into Lauren's eyes. She made her moan. Her hands and fingers and body had made Lauren moan. Camila looked down at her in awe and wonder.

Lauren smiled down at the brunette as she untangled her hands from her hips and took a step back. Camila let go of her as well and suddenly found that her legs had turned to mush. She swayed, but didn't stumble.

She watched Lauren gracefully pick up her keys and Camila's sweater and turn back to the door. She unlocked it and held it open for Camila. "I've already decided that you're not walking back to your room by yourself at this hour, so I'm not even going to ask if you'd like to come in."

Camila felt her feet moving forward without question. She was going up to Lauren's flat, it was well past two in the morning, and she was going to spend the night with Lauren. She didn't have a choice, really, and there was not a single thing that could stop her.