Chapter Thirty

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

The line to get into Zayn's was much longer than it was when Camila had been there last, but this time around she didn't make the silly mistake of thinking they would have to wait in it. Instead, she followed Lauren without hesitation to the front of the line where Niall was waiting with his clipboard to check their names off the guest list. "Lauren, Camila, so good to see you."

"Hey Niall." Lauren gave him a smile. "What's with the line tonight?" Lauren glanced over her shoulder at the long line of ladies waiting to be let in.

The smile on Niall' face melted and he leaned in closer and lowered his voice to reply, "Zayn got a tip from one of the other owners. The police have been cracking down on clubs in the area, sending in undercovers over the last few weeks. They've been making busts for over-occupancy, under-age, and anything else they can find." Niall shook his head. "We are just being careful with the numbers tonight."

Lauren rolled her eyes. Camila stood wide-eyed, hanging on every word, concern etched on her face.

Niall' smile was back instantly as he asked for their IDs, a formality, of course. Lauren rolled her eyes again while she fished her wallet out of the back pocket of her tight, black jeans. Camila followed suit and they handed their ID cards to Niall. "Thank you so very much. Have fun tonight. Be safe." Niall handed back their cards, opened the door for them and they entered.

It took a minute for their eyes to adjust to the darkness once they were through the doors. The vibe was different tonight; Camila remembered having to push and shove her way through the dense crowd on the night that Zayn's band played. It was quite the opposite now as she followed Lauren past a handful of girls standing in groups. She made sure to admire the way Lauren strutted over to bar like she owned the place.

"So, you come here a lot then?" Camila took her place next to Lauren at the bar.

Lauren frowned a bit but replied with a grin. "No, not really. I mean, when there's something going on, yeah. And because it's close to where I live. It's not like we're here every night."

"You definitely weren't here last night." Camila smirked and gave the ebony haired girl a wink. The lighting wasn't very good, but she was sure that Lauren blushed. In turn, seeing Lauren's reaction to her comment made Camila blush, because she realized that it was the first time they had casually acknowledged, in a round about way, that they had, in fact, had...relations.

Suddenly, Camila felt altogether awkward standing next to the gorgeous girl beside her. She wanted to kiss her, she always wanted to kiss her, but would that be okay? Could she kiss Lauren whenever she wanted going forward? Could she just lean over and kiss her right now as they waited for the bartender to stop flirting with every girl flaunting her tits and take their drink order?

"So, what's with all the candles, then?" Camila gestured toward the inordinate amount of candles placed on the bar and every other available surface. She'd let Lauren make the first move or at the very least, have a drink or two before she thought about it again.

Lauren smirked. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. It's goth night tonight."

Camila narrowed her eyes and scanned the room. Lauren flagged down a bartender and ordered their drinks.

"Lauren?"

The ebony haired girl glanced over at the younger girl beside her and smiled.

Camila moved closer and dipped her head to Lauren's ear. "I'm not seeing a lot of goths, but there seems to be an unusually high number of women in this bar."