Chapter Seven

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

"Thank you for this." Camila glanced over at Lauren as they walked together through the nearly empty streets.

"You're welcome, although I'm not sure what you're thanking me for really." Lauren put her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket. It was quite a bit colder now than it had been on their walk to the club.

Camila shrugged her shoulders. "You didn't have to do any of this. You've wasted your entire night trying to help me remember mine and it's just very nice of you, is all."

Lauren smiled to herself as Camila continued.

"Do you think I'll remember? Is it possible to recover lost memories? I mean, I know that they are there; my brain was functioning on some level last night, albeit, a very low one. I was able to walk and talk and dance."

"Yes, and you did all those things, quite well, I might add." Lauren smiled over at the brunette.

"Or so you claim, although I suspect you're just being charitable." Camila pulled out her pack of cigarettes. "I just...I don't know. First time dealing with a blackout and all." She opened the pack and offered it to Lauren.

"Trying to quit, remember?" Lauren tried to scowl at Camila, but she couldn't help but smile at her instead.

Camila retracted the offer and selected one for herself, placing it between her lips. She looked slightly guilty as she lit it and breathed in the smoke. "Filthy habit. I'm quitting too." She exhaled and looked over at Lauren out of the corner of her eye.

"Right." Lauren didn't believe her.

"No, really. I am. I've got a plan and everything." Camila looked straight ahead.

"I'm sure you do, Camila."

"I'll tell you about it some time." Camila took another drag and smiled widely. She could feel those piercing green eyes on her, watching her as they walked along the rows of shops, all closed for the night. "Have you ever been in my situation?"

"Yeah, of course. Although I usually wake up with a stranger, not a tattoo." There was no smile on Lauren's face when Camila whipped her head around to look at her, immediately turning it back again.

"Oh. Yeah, well..." Camila did not know how to reply to that one and took another drag, leaving the cigarette between her lips.

Lauren cracked a smile. Camila looked over at her and finally caught on to the joke. "Funny Jauregui." Camila tried to poke her in the ribs, but Lauren caught her hand and held it firmly. She stopped walking, which made Camila stop walking.

"What did you just call me?" Lauren studied Camila as she waited for the answer.

Camila removed her cigarette with her other hand so she could speak clearly. "Jauregui." Camila looked puzzled by Lauren's question.

"I didn't tell you my last name today." A sly grin crept across Lauren's face.

Camila grinned back as she realized what she had done. "You're Lauren Jauregui and your dad is Mike Jauregui who's on those advertisements for Jauregui Fitness Centers. Right?" Camila said, as though she might be wrong.

"I guess that answers your question then." Lauren resumed their leisurely pace, keeping hold of Camila's hand. "All the important stuff is still in there."

Camila looked over at Lauren's cheeky grin. She looked down at their joined hands. She's holding my hand. Camila smiled and took another drag, while Lauren repositioned her grip so that their fingers were entwined. Yep, definitely holding my hand.