Chapter Nineteen

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

The sun was setting when Camila arrived outside the door that lead up to Lauren's apartment. She tried the handle and to her good fortune it was unlocked. She was up the stairs and standing on the landing in front of the raven haired girl's front door in no time, straightening her shirt and cardigan and pushing a strand of brown hair away from her face.

Camila took a deep breath and raised her fist to the door, her other hand clutching a thin paper bag tucked under her arm. She should have been nervous; she hadn't seen Lauren in days and the last time she had it was while she was running out of her bedroom. She exhaled slowly and knocked three times. Okay, she was nervous.

The sound of footsteps crossing over the wooden floor inside filled up the silent stairwell and Camila readied herself to see Lauren. Lauren Jauregui. The older sister. The more clever sister. The sexier sister. Her favorite sister.

The door swung open and Camila smiled brightly as her eyes fell upon...the wrong sister. "Taylor?" Camila's face screwed up into a confused frown.

"Hello to you too. And what do you want? We're about to leave for dinner. Ever heard of calling before you just show up at someone's door?" Taylor stared back and waited for a reply.

"I, uh, just stopped by to, um..." Camila looked around. She remembered what she was holding. "I wanted to drop this off for Lauren." Camila held out the flat square item to Taylor.

The younger, less intelligent, slutty sister looked down at it and raised her eyebrow. "She's getting ready." Taylor turned and walked back towards the couch.

Camila stood at the threshold with her arm extended. She hadn't been invited in really, but she figured there was no point in waiting for that bit of pleasantry. She stepped inside and carefully shut the door. Taylor returned to her seat and started flipping through a magazine.

Camila stood awkwardly in between the door and the couch holding the gift she had brought for Lauren like a shield. The option of waiting until their date to give it to her was looking more and more appealing by the second, but the moment she had stepped off the train from San Jose, she knew she had to see her.

Taylor lost patience after what seemed to Camila like an eternity. "You can sit down, Camila." Taylor shook her head and flipped another page.

Camila took a seat in the beat up armchair next to the couch. "Thanks."

There was a long pause.

"So...you're going over to your parents' house then?" Camila looked over at the temperamental sister cautiously. "For dinner?"

"Yeah, well we could be if SOMEONE WOULD HURRY THE FUCK UP!" She shouted the last part towards Lauren's closed bedroom door. Frustrated, Taylor closed the magazine and fixed her eyes on Camila. "Is it just my jerk of a sister or are all your people punctually-challenged?"

"My people?" Camila looked at Taylor with confusion on her face.

"Forget it." Taylor went back to her magazine.

Camila fished her phone out of her pocket and typed out a message to Lauren:

Help me. I'm in your
living room & Taylor's
fangs are starting to
show. I'm afraid to
make any sudden
movements. I brought
something back from
San Jose for you.

Camila read back the message and was about to hit send when she decided to add:

And sorry about not
calling before I came
over. I missed you
and I'm just now
remembering that
your Jauregui Family
Dinner is tonight.
X