Chapter 14: He marked me!

It was 5:30 in the morning and I laid on my side watching the rise and fall of Jadahs chest. We have training in a few hours but I can't sleep. I'm actually holding my mate in my arms after a year without her. My arms instinctively tightened around her. She slept soundly nuzzled at my side as I gazed down at her face, her long eyelashes, plump lips, and blonde curls that slipped out of her bonnet. I chuckled at this before slipping them back under.

Words can't even describe how I feel right now. I know she needs her time and space and I'll give that to her. . .While being very close to her. Ryder is slowly coming back, he made several appearances yesterday but as long as me and Kim are connected by that mark, he won't truly forgive me-

"Malachi?" Her sweet melodic voice called,

"Hmmmm." I hummed, she turned over on her stomach,

"Stop staring at me." I chuckled a bit before laying on her back.

"I'm sorry angel, I was in awestruck by what I was seeing." I spoke in a daze by her beauty hoping she would wake up fully so we could talk more.

She rolled her eyes,"Such a cornball get off of me" she said amused rolling back over to look at me.

She looked at my alarm clock before looking at me and yawning.

"I have to get up in 30 minutes and you have to be up in an hour and 30 minutes why are you awake?" She asked sitting up on her side looking at me.

I felt giddy inside because I had her full attention.

"I'm just excited to have you here in my bed and by my side. It feels surreal like a dream, I was kinda afraid to go back to sleep because this feels too good to be true." I blushed a bit, she smiled at me.

"Well I am here to tell you it is not a dream and I'm right here. How'd you sleep before you started staring creep?" I smiled as we continued to talk.

Soon 30 minutes passed and went by in seconds.

"I have to get up and get ready to for training but before I go I have a question."

"Shoot."

"When I was away and you realized how much I meant to you, how come you never came out to find me?" She asked,

"After you left I felt ashamed, I thought about sending out search parties and looking for you but if I were to back track on my word I would've lost my alphas position. My family would've disowned me for lying and not being a man about my business and I would've been without a title."I finished honestly, she turned to face me.

"So your alphas position was more important than finding your mate?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"No of course not but my parents still don't know you're my mate, so if I told them the truth they would be here as Alpha and Luna, not me. At the time my title and image was more important to me. So I protected it but that means nothing to me now." I clarified quickly. We were just getting somewhere I don't want to ruin it!

"Malachi for all you know, while you were here worrying about some position I could have been dead." She said getting up from my bed. I missed her warmth already.

"But you're not. I would have felt it and I would have died too. I missed you more than anything I wanted to come find you but I couldn't and at the time I didn't want to. Please don't confuse how I felt then with how I feel now. I've learned so much."I said softly taking her hands on mine. She nodded her head in agreement,

"I need to get ready to start my day." She began removing her hand from my grasp and I pulled her in for a hug.

"Don't go about your day upset, how I felt then has nothing to do with how I feel now. I won't ever let you go again. You're mine and I'm yours and we deserve to be in each other's arms. I want you to have a good day so stay in the present with me okay?" I squeezed her tighter rubbing her back soothingly.