Chapter 20: The kidnapping part 1

I have been training my powers non-stop all week, I don't know if it's Amaris' warnings about watching over our mate that keeps me practicing until I see double or the fact that I always feel like I'm being watched. Either way I'm on edge. I have been heeding the warning from Amaris by making sure I keep a close eye on Mal but it's hard when I have to train, and watch him. He has pack duties, and responsibilities. He's been especially busy calling packs, forming alliances before this war comes.

Therefore he can't give me his full attention because he's been so stressed out and worried about our well being, the doomsday clock is ticking but we don't know when it'll go off.

I try to give him energy from the plants but I'm running out of healthy grass to use!

We recently took in three teens, one of which who I know is Samantha the ex friend of Kim who used to bully me, and two guys who I've only seen on watch, they've been requiring too much of Mals' attention. I'm getting the notion that they're trying to keep us apart, call me clingy! But this gnawing feeling is telling me otherwise.

I growled blowing aggressively on the large amount of bubbles that stood in front of my face. I'm supposed to be relaxing but how do I do that when I have this feeling that I should be doing something?!

I laid my head against the tub looking up at the ceiling, popping a cherry into my mouth. Despite that nagging feeling this bath was very much needed. I've been training myself past the point of mental and physical exhaustion, I sunk down deeper into the water. I miss Mal so much and how we were always together but he's busy right now and he needs to get some work done.

I want my mate.

I sat in my leather chair rubbing my hands tiredly over my face. I was going over documents for our packs safety, signing alliances and casualty liability forms. There's so much riding on my shoulders right now. My mind immediately went to Jadah, the thought of her bringing me peace. I let out a sigh before propping my head up on my palm.

My powerful little angel. We have been distant since I've been to busy with working on preparations for this war. I try to help train her with her powers but I don't have the energy anymore, she tries to use her powers on me but we all know that if she continues to take energy away from the plants my whole backyard will be nothing but brown dead grass.

She has gotten so much stronger than she was, her powers take less of a toll on her wellbeing. I'm so proud of her.

I'm exhausted. The only quality time I get with her is when I get to our room and by that time she's already showered and in bed. I haven't had time to get any either! I haven't had sex with my mate since after we mated and I'm feeling frustrated. I need her body, holding her is only doing so much. I just need my mate.

Screw this.

"Angel?" I asked through our link. She was silent before answering,

"Yes Mal?" She sounded groggy,

"Were you sleeping?" I asked softly, feeling bad for waking her.

"No, no. Did you need something?" She asked and I smiled. She misses me too.

"Can you come to my office? I miss you." I said to her,

"Yeah I'll be down in a minute." I closed our link and sat back in my chair, excitedly waiting.

My eyes were closed as I waited for Jadah.

Her knocking causing me to open my eyes.

"Come in" I called from my seat, running a hand through my hair. The door opened and before long Samantha strutted in. She had on a long coat and her blonde hair was pulled back in a tight pony tail. I scrunched my nose up as her perfume stung my nose.