Chapter 33:The last round

"Luna Jadah!Alpha Malachi,your mom has been attacked,it's Talen!"The nurse had screamed.

Malachi's stunned state was easy to take advantage of,because I had easily slipped out of his grip and shakily ran past the nurse pushing him into Malachi who tried to catch me.

"Sorry!" I hollered over my shoulder before I
pushed through the doors into the fresh air.I had to catch my breath,I was still weakened from my fight.Taking deep breaths I hastily walked towards the pack house zig zagging and rubbing my scent all over the place before Malachi could find me.

Stupid.I know.But in this state with my babies here in this world I can't let him escape having future qualms on hurting my family.I don't know why Malachi hasn't killed him yet anyways.Rolling my eyes I climbed the steps to the pack house,I opened the door and unexpectedly heard nothing.The den was a mess,scorch marks covered the smooth wooden floors,the pristine white couches were flipped and covered in ash.I sniffed the air and the house was clear except.

I twisted my eyebrow in confusion,my mom and Talens scent were the only two scents in the house.I slowly and cautiously climbed the stairs to the second floor.I walked through the halls sniffing but their scents were on the third floor.I also caught a whiff of Malachi's scent he had figured out my trick and I heard him burst through the door.Even from the second floor I could feel his fury.At this point Ryder was in control and I had to be quick.I carried on up the stairs to the third floor flinching at the growls that echoed through the house.

Before I knew what hit me I felt a sting vibrate through my body as I was hit with Talens power.It stung like a bitch and at this point my body was weaker than my spirit because I was ready to unleash the depths of hell on him.I just couldn't get my body to cooperate.My vision was a little hazy but I could clearly see my mom standing in a corner with tears pouring from her eyes.Very faintly I could hear Mal treading through the stairs with purpose.

"If you want your mate to live tell him to leave"Talen said breathing heavily.

His skin was red and blistered,patches of his cold blonde hair was missing,and he looked just as weakened as I was.I couldn't even get my body to move I'm surprised I got this far how weak my legs are.Sitting up,my brows furrowed as I strained to see clearly.I felt dizzy.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath,"Mom....W-why are you in here with him?" Confusion over powered the exhaustion in my voice.

I could hear her whining and sniffling before she started screaming and I heard a thud.I could feel Mal's presence behind me before he even got to the door.

"Mal don't....Go watch our babies I got this."I finished with a whisper opening my eyes to look over at my mom who rolled back and forth groaning in pain.

I heard his growl the loudest I've ever heard it filled with so much agony,helplessness,and anger.

"Why do you have to be so stupid?!You're weak and you almost died why are you voluntarily risking your life after barely surviving the first attack?!What about Ryker, Raina... what about me Jay?" A sob rushed down my face but before I could respond I heard a crash and Mals presence wasn't felt near me anymore.

"Enough with the dramatics.Get the hell up.Both of you."Talen said with malice as I heard him take shakey breaths.

"J-Jadah" I looked over to see my mom struggling.

"I love you."Her lips trembled and tears came from her eyes,"I'm sorry....a-about this."She took a deep breath and closed her eyes."But I h-have to protect my grand b-babies."I furrowed my eyebrows and shakily tried getting to my feet.

"Now."She barely muttered above a whisper.

I looked towards Talen just in time to see his hand out and palm open.A malicious faint smile covering his face."Goodbye Jay" I felt a thousand volts go through my body.