Chapter 19: "They'll be in for a treat when they come"

After our discussion I began to feel uneasy. Me and my family only train packs, but we never have war problems. This pack isn't as skilled like my pack back home is, against an attack my pack can defend themselves we aren't even halfway done with training yet. I'm their trainer and it's my obligation to protect, I will remain by their side until the end and nothing will stop that, I will use my powers and try to fight as much as I can but that requires a lot of training and practically passing out afterwards, but if I want to lessen the blood shed from this pack I have to start training.

I grabbed Mal's hand and lead him outside,"Angel why are we heading back outside?" He asked but I didn't answer him until we were in the center of the field. I turned to face him and dropped his hand,

"Because. You're gonna help me train." He gave me a confused look,

"Why am I training you? Aren't you the packs trainer?" He asked genuinely confused. I rolled my eyes,

"Train my powers." I said and he nodded in agreement before his eyes went wide,

"No. You are not going to kill me." He said frantically shaking his head 'No'. I groaned,

"Mal you have to help me. I need to strengthen them so I can help protect you guys when the rogues get here. There was someone spying on me today. I gotta do this, so will you help me?" He took a pause before nodding his head understanding.

"I'll help you but what do I get in return?" He asked seductively. I mushed his head before standing in front of him,

"So what usually triggers your powers?" He asked fixing his hair. I could answer that one easily,

"Anger, and frustration." I responded, He nodded before he spoke,

"Well think of everything that angers you and try to summon one of your abilities." He said.

I nodded before closing my eyes and thinking about all the painful memories before I ran away. I thought about how he embarrassed me in front of the school in the parking lot, how Leila stole my car and made me walk, and how the alphas kicked my ass on my birthday. I began to feel a tingling throughout my body, I held out my hands and I summoned one of them.

"Uh Jadah?" I heard Mal say.

"Shhh Mal I feel it!" I snapped still feeling the buzzing but it was stronger. He interrupted me again,

"Jadah!" He shouted, I opened my eyes with my arms still out but I didn't see him. I looked around before dropping my hands at my sides. I heard a scream and a thud before I spun around and saw Mal on the ground wheezing. I immediately ran to his side,

"Mal are you okay, what happened?" I asked frantically but he was still trying to catch his breath,

"You......Dropped.....Me." He wheezed and my mouth formed an 'O'.

"So that's why you disappeared." I muttered,"I knew you weren't getting kidnapped." I whispered and he let out a strained chuckle before groaning afterwards.

"Okay I think that's enough training for one day." I said grabbing his hand and trying to pull him on his feet but he shook his head before trying to sit up without my help.

I suddenly lost my footing when a wave of deep fatigue hit me.

Uh-Oh.

The effects of my powers were starting to push to the front. Not as strongly as it usually is but I felt it.

Rising to his knees he held my body upright,"Angel are you ok?"

My eyes slowly looked at him before I placed my hands on his shoulders to support myself as I nodded my head 'yes'.