Florida, 2021 | 010

Carson's POV

I've been in Florida for almost 2 years and I love it here. I'm in university right now and I have a good amount of new friends.

Billie and I don't even talk anymore. She was getting more and more famous and busier and busier, and didn't have much time to visit or call or anything.
I don't blame her at all, life's busy, I get it.

But, I do miss her.

We have a really nice house here, it's pretty big and my room is nice. The weather in Florida is so bipolar, though. It'll be raining one second and the next it's all sunny and hot. Like, pick one.

My dad loves his new job and my mom got a new one as well, they're both doing really good and I'm glad.

Moving here was a hard adjustment. I was still pissed at my parents for moving us here, but I'm used to it now.

I'm a business major at University Of Florida since I really don't know what I want to do for a career once I graduate. I've low-key always wanted to do YouTube, but I doubt that'll ever happen. For now, I have a job at Tilly's right now and I make a good amount of money.

Zoe and I still talk a lot and we're still close which I'm very grateful for. She's been there for me for everything.

I just wish Billie was.

It's kind of hard to not be sad about it when I see her all over social media with her new album and shit.

I'm somewhat over her, I guess. There's actually a girl in one of my classes named Kassandra- well, everyone calls her Kassie- but, I've liked her for a little while. We talk a lot in class sometimes, but really not at all outside of school.

"Hey, Carson," Kassie whispers to me. "Do you have a pencil I can borrow?"

"Um, yeah. Here you go." I hand her one.

"Thank you! I really like your outfit today, by the way. It's super cute." She smiles at me.

"Thanks." I turn to try and hide my blush since I literally get so nervous when she talks to me.

She's so pretty and sweet.

That was one of the first times we talked in class and I loved it. Literally any interaction we get is great.

But anyways, that's really all I have to catch you up now. Otherwise, life has been pretty boring.

a/n 🤍

short chapter but next one will be longer don't worry 🙏

here's a face claim for kassie since she'll be in the story for a bit!

I'm not sure the girls name but she's playing as Kassie Lawrence 🤍

love youuu