No one compares | 21

Billie's POV

Carson set me up with one of her friends. She's coming over to help me get ready for my first date with Veronica. We've been texting a little bit since Car gave her my number, and she seems pretty nice.

iMessage:

Veronica

Heyyy

I cant wait to see you tonight

Here's my address btw

Veronica is now sharing
their location with you!

great i'll see you later :))

Irl:

Girl, you could've typed it out, it's not that hard.

No, be nice, Billie.

My phone goes off again and I groan, thinking it's another text from Veronica, but a smile grows on my face once I see it's Carson FaceTiming me.

I instantly answer to see her with a smile. "Hey, pretty." I say to her and I notice her face flushes.

She's probably just.. cold or something?

"Hi, B." She waves and sets up her phone against something on the counter. God damn, she looks hot as fuck.

I meant that in a 'Bestie, you're hot as fuck' way..

Um, anyways.

"How are you doing?" I ask her. "I'm alright, you?" She responds.

Oh, I'm just fine and dandy because I'm going on a date with someone I don't even like. So fun!

"I'm pretty good." I answer.

"So, you excited for your date tonight?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows and I laugh. "I guess," I shrug.

"What do you mean?" She furrows her eyebrows. "Is something up?"

"No, not at all, I just.. don't know her that well, so I'm not sure how to feel." I tell her and she nods. "She's sweet, you'll like her more once you meet in person." She tells me. For some reason, she almost looks sad like she's trying to convince herself that? Why would she have to convince herself that her own friend is sweet?

"Umm, so, when are you coming over?" I ask to redirect the topic. "In about an hour, is that good?" She asks and I tell her yes.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go shower real quick and get ready and I'll be over." She says.

I mean, you could stay on the phone with- okay, I need to stop. Why am I thinking this about my best friend? She's my best friend.

"Alright, love you." I tell her. "I love you, too." She smiles before hanging up.

Think of Veronica.

Think of Veronica.

Veronica.

Carson, Carson, Carson, Carson, Carson.

I'm gonna lose my shit right now.

I sigh and go over to the couch where Shark is sitting. I lay my head on his back and scratch under his chin. "Hi, baby," I coo at him.

He licks my face and I giggle. "Shark, stop!" I laugh.

I pull my phone out and go on Instagram. I scroll on my feed until I go past a certain post.