Sick day | 039

Carson's POV

"Bil, you need to rest, my love. You're sick." I tell Billie as I stroke her cheek with my thumb. My poor girl woke up with a fever and she doesn't feel good. "No, I don't wanna." She whines. "Baby, you have to get better." I say. "My throat hurts." She frowns. "I know, baby, I know." I sigh and kiss her forehead.

She acts like a baby when she's sick and it's so cute.

"Did you take medicine yet?" I ask her. "No, it tastes gross." She grimaces. "Billie, you need to." I say. "Ugh, you're supposed to be my girlfriend, not my mom." She groans. "Just because I care about you doesn't mean I'm your mom." I roll my eyes.

"I'll take my medicine if you give me a kiss." She says. "No, I don't wanna get sick." I laugh. "I know, I meant on my cheek or whatever." She shrugs. "Alright, baby." I chuckle and kiss her cheek.

She grabs the bottle of water I gave her off the nightstand and takes the medicine. "See? Wasn't so bad, was it?" I say. "Oh, it was fine. I just lied because I wanted a kiss." She smirks. "You could've just asked for one, dummy." I laugh softly. "I know." She giggles. "Baby, do you want me to make you some soup to help with your throat?" I ask her.

"Would you do that for me?" She asks. "Of course, my love." I say. "Thank you." She smiles. "You're welcome. I'll go do that now." I tell her before giving her a kiss on her forehead and walking out of her room.

We've been doing fine since the fight and Billie constantly apologized for it. She's so sweet.

I go to the kitchen and grab a can of soup from the pantry since I'm too lazy to make it myself.

I turn on the stove and wait for it to heat up. Shark comes into the kitchen, so I bend down and pet him for a few while I wait. "Hi, buddy." I say to him.

The stove finishes heating up, so I pour the soup into a pot and stir it a little bit. I feel arms wrap around me and I look back. "Bil, why aren't you in bed?" I ask Billie. "I wanted a hug." She says, making me laugh. She lays her head on my back and keeps her arms wrapped around my waist. I rub her hand with one of my hands while I keep the other on the handle of the pot.

"I love you, Carson." She mumbles. "I love you more, baby." I say to her. "You wanna eat in bed or at the table?" I ask. "Table." She answers. "You sound tired, B." I say. "I'm just comfortable." She says.

"Alright, my love." I laugh softly. She's literally adorable. She stays there, hugging me the whole time I finish cooking the soup. "Okay, baby, you gotta let go for a second so I can get a bowl." I tell her and she just shakes her head. "Bil, it's just one second." I say. "Too bad." She mumbles sleepily. I roll my eyes and walk over to grab a bowl, her arms still around me. "I forgot how clingy you are when you're sick." I giggle.

"You're warm and I'm cold, it feels nice." She says. "You're super hot to me." I say. "I know, you tell me all the time." She smirks. "I meant temperature wise.." I tell her. "Oh." She frowns. "You have a fever, Bil." I laugh. "So I'm not hot?" She says. "Oh, no, baby, you are." I say, trying to hold back a laugh because I know she's literally being serious about this.

"Carson, are you laughing at me?" She gasps. "No." I bite back a smile. "Hey, you can't be mean to me, I'm sick." She sighs. "I know, baby, I'm sorry." I say as I pour the soup into a bowl for her. She's so dramatic sometimes. I grab a spoon and put it in the bowl. "Alright, c'mon." I say to her. She lets go of me and I carry the bowl to the table and she sits down. "Thank you, my love." She smiles at me and I nod as I sit down across from her.

~

She finishes eating and I put her bowl in the sink for her so I can wash it later. "Let's get you back in bed." I tell Billie. "Carry me, peasant." She holds out her arms. "Um, rude, but okay." I laugh and pick her up. She wraps her legs around my waist and I carry her to her room before gently laying her down on the bed. I put the comforter over her and kiss her forehead. "There you go, baby." I whisper.

"Hold me?" She asks. "Sure." I smile and get into bed with her. I wrap my arms around her waist and she lays her head on my chest. "Get some rest, sweet girl." I say. She nods and closes her eyes. I rub her back and she quickly falls asleep.

Moments like these with her are my favorite. I love taking care of people, so it makes me happy to do this. I'm so fucking happy to be with Billie.

~

I fell asleep for a little bit as well, but I woke up shortly after. Billie's been sleeping for about 2 hours, so she'll probably wake up soon.

Her eyes flutter open and she looks up at me.

Shit, am I psychic? Wow, impressive.

Okay, I need to stop talking in my head.

"Hi." She says quietly as she rubs her eyes. "Hey, baby. You sleep good?" I ask and she nods. "Mhm. Thank you for taking care of me, Car. I love you so much." She says. "Anything for you, princess." I smile and kiss her cheek. "I love you so much." I say back to her.

"Baby?" She says. "Yes, my love?" I ask. "Um, so, I have a surprise for you. Well, two, actually, but you're gonna have to wait a while for the second one. Anyways, I was gonna show you it today, but then I got sick, so it won't be for a little bit." She tells me. "Alright." I nod. "I'm so excited." She smiles widely. "So am I, Bil." I grin.

"Can we watch The Office?" She asks. "Of course." I laugh and grab the remote. I turn on the tv and put on the show. "Thank you, baby." She says, laying her head back down on my chest.

There's nothing I love more than doing nothing with her like this. She's my favorite person to be with and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

I'm literally so in love with her.

a/n 🤍

nothing by bruno major is actually such a good song 🙏

anyways this is kind of just a filler for right now sorryyy

also thank you so so much for almost 13k reads 🫶🏻 nothing new has officially passed wildest dreamsss