Hey, stranger. | 012

Carson's POV

"Carson, do you have any Advil?" Kassie asks me.

"Um, I think so, why?" I say.

"Because my back is killing me from sleeping on the floor and it hurts to walk." She laughs.

"Aw, babe, I'm sorry. Yeah, let me go grab it." I tell her, walking to the kitchen and going into my bag.

I pull out a bottle of Advil and bring it back to her.
"Here you go." I hand it to her with a bottle of water.

"Thank you, my love." She smiles at me.

"Kass, do you think you'd be able to come shopping with me today? Or is your back hurting too much? I ask.

"I don't know, could you be able to do it by yourself?" She says.

"Yeah, I'm sure I can. It'll take me a little while, though." I say and she nods.

"Alright, I'm gonna get going. I have to go down the street to pick up a rental car cause I can't carry all of that shit." I laugh.

"Okay." She smiles. I bend down to where she's sitting on the floor and I kiss her cheek.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you, too." She replies.

                                                ~

I walked down the street to a rental car place and I payed for one, along with a small U-Haul. Right now, I'm driving to this big ass store with a bunch of shit I'd need for my house. I'm focused on getting a mattress, a bed frame if I can order one, a couch, a TV and all that shit.

I get out of the car and grab my phone, wallet and keys and head inside of the store. I walk to the kitchen section first to look for appliances and whatever. My apartment came with a fridge, stove, and a microwave already, but I still need more things.

As I'm backing up to turn around, I bump into someone, making them drop their phone.

"Oh, shit, I'm so sorry." I say to them as I turn around. The girl bends down to pick up her phone and when she comes back up, I'm met with those oh, so familiar, piercing blue eyes locking with mine.

No way.

"Hey, stranger." She smirks.

"Billie?" I ask.

"That's my name." She laughs.

"Oh my God, it's so good to see you!" I smile at her.

"It's good to see you, too, Car." She says and she hugs me. Fuck, I've missed her.

"You're back in LA now?" She asks.

"Mhm, got a new apartment not that far away. I'm shopping for a bunch of shit for it now." I chuckle.

"Damn, I'll have to come see it sometime." She says.

"I've missed you, Bil. You know I still listen to your music a lot? Nothing's changed, I'm still proud of you no matter what." I smile.

"That means a lot coming from you. You've been my number one supporter since day one." She giggles. "I've missed you, too. Oh, I'm here with Finn, by the way. I'm sure he'd love to see you."

"Really? Yeah, I've missed him, too." I say. I can't help but feel some of those feelings rush back when I look at her. Of course I love Kassie, but it's hard not to love Billie.. especially if you've had feelings for her since you were 11. I sound like a shitty person, fuck. I literally have a girlfriend, what am I thinking?

"We can help you, you know. If you're here alone, you might need help." She adds.

"Are you sure?" I ask and she nods. "That'd be great, actually." I smile. "My girlfriend couldn't come to help me because her back hurts from sleeping on the floor." I say with a laugh.

Billie's expression seems to drop a bit. "Y-you have a girlfriend?" She asks.

"Yeah, I do." I nod.

"Oh, uh, cool." She awkwardly laughs. "Um, how long have you guys been together?" She asks.

"7ish months." I say and she nods.

"That's nice." She gives me a small smile. "Oh, could I get your number? I got a new phone so I don't have it anymore." She says.

"Yeah, sure." I reply. I don't know why it feels like there's tension between us, but it feels awkward. We used to be inseparable and now we're talking like we're meeting for the first time.

I don't even care, I just miss her so much.

"Alright, Bil, do- Holy shit, Carson?" Finneas asks.

"Finn, it's so good to see you!" I say, hugging him. "How have you been?" I ask.

"I'm good, what about you?"

"I'm pretty good, actually." I smile.

Billie elbows Finneas in his side and glares at him. "What's your problem?" Finneas says to her.

She whispers something to him and his eyes widen and he nods. "Um, well, I'm gonna go pay and I'll be back in a few." He waves to me and walks off.

"What was that about?" I laugh.

"Nothing." She shakes her head and smiles.

"Okay? Right, my number. Can I have your phone?" I ask her and she nods.

I take it and put my number in. "Alright, there you go." I say, handing it back to her.

"So, you still want help?" She asks.

"Yeah, thank you." I nod.

We spend about 2 hours walking the store with Finneas and I end up buying pretty much everything I need. Don't even ask me how much I spent.

I ordered some stuff to be delivered to my apartment building that we couldn't fit in a cart or carry out to the car. I got a mattress, bed frame, couch, a few chairs for the kitchen island, a coffee table and some kitchen appliances.

A lot of shit, I know.

I probably shouldn't have sold all of my furniture back in Florida, but oh well.

It took forever to bring up all of the stuff to my apartment, but I completely forgot about one thing.

Having to introduce my girlfriend to the girl I've had feelings for for years.

Yes, I guess they are still there, but those can't really go away overnight, especially when it's Billie.

It's going to be even more awkward because I told Kassie about all of it when we first started dating.

Shit.

a/n 🤍

this chapter lowkey sucks im sorry 😭

please bare with me i promise you it's gonna get better LMAO

love youuu