Just like old times | 013

Billie's POV

Right now, Finneas and I are helping Carson bring all of her new furniture up to her apartment. We haven't talked in years, but somehow, it's like we're right where we left off.

"Shit, this place is nice." I say, looking around her apartment while we bring the furniture inside.

"Thanks." Carson smiles. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go get Kassie so you guys can meet." She tells me and I nod.

I go on my phone while I wait for her to come back. "Alright, I think that's everything. Are we helping her put together this shit or just dropping it off?" Finneas says, coming into the apartment.

"Uhh.. I don't know what she wants." I shrug.

"Where'd Carson go, anyways?" He asks.

"To go get her girlfriend. She wants us to meet." I sigh. Finneas places his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, kid. I don't get why you're so upset about it anyways." He furrows his eyebrows.

"It's different now. I'm older and I know what I want now and I just kind of expected things to be different. I didn't even know I was going to see her today and then I find out she has a girlfriend." I sigh as he hugs me.

Okay, I'm a little jealous. I never really had feelings for Carson- let alone a girl before- but recently, I kind of came to the conclusion that I like girls and when I saw Carson for the first time in a while.. I felt different about her. We haven't seen each other in years, but I still think of her as my best friend. It's my fault we fell out of touch, but I want her back in my life either way.

She's always been the sweetest and most beautiful person in the world and she's stuck with me through everything when we were younger, but it kind of hurts to know she got other people in her life when she moved to Florida.

Especially a girlfriend.

She never talked to me about people she liked when we were younger because she liked girls and I didn't, but I've always wondered if she ever liked me. I wish I didn't let her go.

Carson and her girlfriend turn the corner and walk over to us. "Alright, guys, this is Kassie, my girlfriend. Kassie this is Billie and Finneas." She says.

Kassie is actually super pretty. She looks really nice, I get why Carson likes her.

"It's so nice to meet you!" Kassie smiles at me and Finn. "I love your music."

"Thank you! It's great to meet you, too." I say to her.

"Well, thank you guys for helping me today, I really appreciate it. Do you wanna stay over for dinner or something?" Carson asks us.

Finneas looks at me. "I have to get home to Claudia, actually, but Bil can stay if she wants." He says and I nod.

Great, I have to fucking third wheel.

"It was nice to see you again, Carson, and it was nice to meet you, Kassie." Finneas says to them.

Carson and Finneas hug for a second and Finneas leaves. "So, do you guys wanna order something to eat?" Carson asks Kassie and I and we both nod.

Carson goes on her phone to order food and I start talking to Kassie. "So, are you and Carson living together?" I ask her.

"Nope, I'm just here to help her get settled. We're doing long distance since I can't really move here right now and I'm doing another course at university." She tells me.

"Oh, that's cool. What's your major?"

"Nursing. I've wanted to be a nurse since I was a kid, so that's what I'm doing." She smiles.

"That's awesome. I didn't go to university, but if I did, I'd probably do music for my major, of course." I laugh and she nods.

"Yeah, Car was telling me that you've been obsessed with music since you were a baby. She used to talk about you a lot, you know. I think she really misses you." Kassie says.

"Really?" I ask and she nods.

I really miss her, too. I'm glad that I went out with Finneas today because I wouldn't have seen her.

"Okay, I ordered food and it'll be here in 30ish minutes." Carson walks over to us.

"Babe, do you wanna put together the bed frame?" Kassie asks her.

"Sure, let's do that so you don't break your back from sleeping on the floor." She laughs. "Bil, could you help?" Carson asks me.

"Y-yeah, sure." I nod.

I don't know why I'm nervous just because she asked me to help her build a fucking bed frame. I sound so fucking pathetic.

We bring the box that has the pieces to the bed frame in her room and we start to build it.

Since there's three of us, it only takes us 25 minutes to build it, surprisingly. We put the mattress on top of it and Carson starts to put the sheets on and her comforter she bought today.

The food gets here and Carson pays for it before bringing it inside for us. "Okay, I just got salads and shit. Oh, and Billie, I have Taki's if you want them." She laughs.

My eyes light up when she mentions Taki's since she knows they're my favorite snack. "You're the best." I say to her.

We eat and watch The Office on Carson's laptop while we finish setting up all of the furniture in Carson's bedroom. We decorate most of the apartment and set up almost everything which takes hours, but we end up finishing it anyways.

Kassie goes to bed and Carson and I watch TV for a little bit longer before I have to go home. "Thanks for helping me today, B." Carson tells me.

"Of course, anything for you." I smile at her.

Everything feels back to normal again. Just like old times. I'm so glad she's back in my life again.

"Well, I gotta get going, but thanks for having me over. I've missed you a lot, you know." I say to her.

"I've missed you too, Bil." She says, leaning over to hug me.

I smile at her and grab my phone and keys. "I'll text you later, okay?" I tell her and she nods. "Love you, Car." I say as I walk to the door.

"Love you, too, B." She waves to me and I walk out.

God, I can't keep feeling this way about her.

a/n 🤍

tea 🫣

what do y'all think's gonna happen??

stay tuneddddd