Pumpkins | 025

Carson's POV

I just woke up from my nap and I'm seriously freaking out. I was just falling asleep and I heard Billie say something about her wishing that I was Veronica? I know I was most definitely dreaming, but what if I wasn't?

Maybe I just misheard her.

Yeah, that's probably it.

I'm laying on Billie's chest right now and she's asleep. I need to stop doing this. I have a girlfriend. This feels so wrong and like I'm betraying Kassie, but I mean, it's just cuddling, so..

I hate how I'm still hung up on Billie.

I know she'll never like me that way, but sometimes, she just feels so close to me. All I think about is her and it makes me so mad at myself. I just want to get over her, but I can't.

It's too hard.

"Mm, Carson?" Billie groans and wakes up. "Yeah?" I turn to her and she has a small smile on her face. "Hi." She says.

"Hey, Bil." I laugh softly because she's so cute when she wakes up. "You sleep good?" I ask her. "Mhm." She nods her head. "How about you?"

"Um," I think back to what I thought she said earlier, but shake myself out of it. "good." I nod and she grins at me.

"That's good." She says. A comfortable silence washes over us and I trace the fairies tattoo on her hand with my finger while I still lay on her chest. She looks down at me, trying to read my expression almost like she knows that something is on my mind, but she doesn't know what.

"Carson?" Billie says and I hum in response. "Are you okay?" She asks.

She still can always tell when something's wrong.

"Uh, yeah, I'm good." I gulp nervously and she furrows her eyebrows. "Are you sure? You seem.. stressed or something." She points out, which she's not wrong about, but she can't know about it.

"I'm fine, Bil, really." I give her a fake smile to hopefully convince her that I'm telling the truth. She gives me a hesitant look, but nods afterwards.

"So, do you wanna carve pumpkins now?" I ask her. "Yeah, sure!" She smiles at me. We get up off my bed and walk to my kitchen.

"Oh my God, Car?" She says. "Yeah, B?" I ask. "Could we record this and do a video for your YouTube channel?" She asks with a wide smile and I laugh at how excited she is. "Sure." I nod.

"Let me go grab my camera and tripod real quick." I tell her and she nods. I walk to my room and find my camera and the tripod before walking back to her in the kitchen. My YouTube channel is actually doing really good, I'm still almost at 1 millions subscribers which is crazy and I'm so grateful.

It's honestly so fun having this as a job instead of something else.

I set up the camera on the tripod and we grab plastic bags to lay out on the kitchen island so it doesn't get messy when we carve the pumpkins. "You ready to start?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I don't know why, but I'm low-key nervous. Like, I perform in front of thousands of people, but I'm nervous to be on a YouTube video." She laughs and I shrug. "You'll be fine, trust me." I chuckle.

I start recording and back up from the camera. "Hey, guys, today I'm here with Billie!" I point to her and she smiles at the camera. "We're gonna be carving pumpkins since we used to do this every Halloween time when we were younger." I talk to the camera and Billie nods.

"Bil, you can talk, you know." I giggle and her eyes widen. "Oh, oops." She laughs.

"Do you know what you're gonna carve?" She asks me and I shrug. "I think so, what about you?"

"I don't really know, but I'm gonna do a really good once when it actually gets closer to Halloween." She tells me and I nod.

We carve our pumpkins while talking about random shit and we talk to the camera every so often. I'm gonna edit out a lot of the clips that are unnecessary, but editing is pretty easy for me.

"Okay, you ready to see?" She grins and turns her pumpkin around to face me when I nod. "Shit, Bil, that's so cool." I say. She did a remake of that one The Nightmare Before Christmas pumpkin she did. She's always been pretty good at this, but I'm not surprised. Billie can literally do everything.

"I made a cat, bro." I laugh as I show it to her and hold it up to the camera. She laughs as she looks at it. "Wait, it's actually really cute." She says and I laugh more. "It's alright," I shrug.

"Alright guys, we're gonna go and clean up because our hands are literally orange, so thank you for watching." I laugh as Billie starts making funny faces towards the camera, trying to mock the way I'm talking. "Could you stop? I'm trying to close the video." I punch her arm and she gasps. "Carson Baker, I'll throw this pumpkin at your head, don't play with me." She warns and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, whatever. Anyways, bye, everyone!" I wave to the camera. "Bye!" Billie says, blowing a kiss to the camera before I stop recording.

"Look at you, a whole YouTube professional now." I say to her, making her flip her hair. "I know, I might just steal your job." She shrugs and I laugh.

We clean up all of the pumpkin pieces that are all over the counter and I wipe it down. Billie and I wash our hands since I wasn't lying when I said our hands are literally orange.

"Ugh, I've missed this, I've missed you, Car." Billie says, hugging me from behind as I wash my hands. "I missed you, too, Bil." I turn my head to her with a smile.

I won't lie when I say I have major butterflies right now with her hands around my waist. God, I feel so fucking guilty.

Billie goes on her phone while I finish cleaning up and putting the camera away since I'm not gonna edit it right now. "Carson, can I stay over?" She asks, looking up from her phone.

"Of course." I smile at her and she nods.

We go to my room after and lay back in my bed. "Wait, what about Shark?" I ask her. "He's fine, he has food and water." She tells me.

The rest of the night is spent with me falling more and more. I hate doing this to Kassie.

Instagram:

cars0nbak3r

Liked by avani and 876,103 otherscars0nbak3r i might have a yt video coming soon with billie in it 👀

cars0nbak3r i might have a yt video coming soon with billie in it 👀

View all 20.3k comments

larray meow
^ cars0nbak3r furry? 😱
  ^ larray STFU

user1 the caption?? hello?

user2 okay this is the best news ever

user3 WAR IS OVERRRR

matthew.sturniolo I want it
^ cars0nbak3r no matt get ur own pumpkin 😒

kassielawrence I LOVE IT CAR
^ cars0nbak3r THANK YOU 🫶🏻

user4 notice how carson doesn't call her gf baby that much in her comments anymore
^ user2 FR

benoftheweek Cat
^ cars0nbak3r great observation!

a/n 🤍

giggling bc i know what i'm doing for the next chapter 😇

love youuu 😈