Nothing new | 049

Carson's POV
2 and a half years later...

"Momma, wake up."

I roll over and see Rowan, standing by my bed. "Baby, what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" I ask. "It's Mommy's birthday!" He whisper yells.

"Bubba, it's 2 in the morning. Let's get you back to sleep." I whisper to him. "But," He frowns. "I wanna say 'happy birthday' to her!"

"I know, baby, but we can do that in the morning, okay?" I ask. "Okay." He nods his head. I get off the bed and grab his hand. I lead him back to his room and help him get back in bed before tucking him in. Once he's all set, I plant a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you, buddy."

"Love you too, Momma." Rowan smiles sleepily. I gently walk out of his room and go back into my bedroom. I get back in bed and wrap my arms around Billie, snuggling close to her.

"What time is it?" Billie yawns. "It's two, got back to sleep, princess." I tell her. "Is Row okay? I heard him." She says. "He's okay, don't worry." I assure her. "Okay." She nods her head. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Not possible."

"But it is." I chuckle quietly.

"Goodnight, baby." Billie says, grabbing my hand and planting a kiss on it. "Goodnight." I whisper.

Ever since Rowan found out what birthdays are, he loves them. Every year, he loves to celebrate his birthday and me and Billie's birthdays.

He's adorable.

Since it's been a little while, let's talk.

Rowan is over 2 and a half now and he's super smart. He loves animals and he loves music, especially Billie's. Billie sings him to sleep pretty much every night and it's so sweet.

I've never seen Billie so happy before and it's amazing to see her like this. She's never had this much love for someone before, besides me and her family, but she loves Rowan extra.

Having a family with her is amazing.

As for us, we've been better than ever. We've been married almost three years and everything's perfect.

I love her so so much.

~

I quietly get out of bed and walk out of my room. I go into Rowan's room and gently shake him. "Wake up, baby."

His eyes open and he smiles once he sees me. "Hi, Momma!"

"Hi, buddy." I say. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept good." He tells me. "Do you wanna help Momma make a cake for Mommy's birthday?" I ask him. "Really?" He gasps.

"Mhm." I nod my head. "Yes!" Rowan replies. "Let's get you changed first and then we can go downstairs, okay?" I say. "Do you wanna help me pick out an outfit for you?"

He nods and I help him off his bed. I open his closet door and pick him up so he can reach. "Alright, pick out what shirt you want, baby."