What's wrong? | 043

Carson's POV

Billie's been acting kind of strange recently and I don't know why. I'm worried about her because she's never like this.

Whenever I kiss her, it's like her shoulders tense up and she'll hold me really close to her. She's also been oddly overprotective of me lately, like she doesn't let me leave the house alone, she's always checking on me constantly, and she'll text me, like, 100 times whenever I'm gone for even 15 minutes.

It's so weird.

I know she's protective of me, that's just how she is with the people she loves, but this is getting a little too much.

I haven't said anything to her about it, but there's definitely something more to it.

I just don't know what.

I go out into the living room and see that Billie's on the phone with who I think is Finneas. I stay by the wall so she doesn't see me and listen.

"I don't know what to do, Finn. Like, it could just be someone wanting attention, but I-"

Shark comes running over to me and barks, making Billie turn around.

So he's a cockblock and a snitch.

"Oh, Finneas, I'll have to call you back later. I love you, bye." Billie says, quickly hanging up the phone. "Carson baby, what, uh, what are you doing?" She laughs awkwardly.

"Baby, what's going on? I know something's up." I sigh, coming over to the couch to sit next to her. Billie pulls me onto her lap and sighs, wrapping her arms around me. "It's nothing for you to worry about right now, okay?"

"But it's clearly stressing you out. You're acting weird lately." I tilt my head. "I'm just worried about you, B."

"I know, baby, I know." She exhales. I grab her hand and trace her tattoo, like I always do, and I plant a kiss on the top of her hand.

"I love you so much, Carson." She whispers, hugging me tightly. "I love you more, princess." I reply. "Can you tell me what's wrong please?"

I'm so worried about her.

I know something's wrong, but she hates worrying me.

I know her too well to know this.

"Don't worry about it, mama. I promise I'll tell you if it's really concerning, okay? I don't want you worrying." Billie answers.

"Bil, c'mon." I sigh and roll my eyes. "Carson, just listen to me. I'm gonna work this out." She says. "Billie, you say this shit, but I have no fucking idea what you're talking about!" I exclaim.

"Baby, please, just trust me." She says, letting out a sigh. "It's hard to trust you when you're keeping things from me." I tell her. "You don't trust me?" She asks. "Of course I trust you. Billie, I trust you with my entire life, but I don't like how you're not telling me things that are obviously affecting you." I explain.

"It's just a lot to explain right now." She mutters.

I'm tired of these excuses when something is obviously wrong.