Perseus

Perseus was born on the street. He didn't like the name Perseus, so she decided to call himself Percy. His mother died in birth, and his father died in battle along side the great Spartan Leonidas in the battle of Thermopylae. That's what he had hopped happen to his father at least. Since his mother died at birth, he had no real clue who his father was.

Percy grew up on the streets of Sparta, with no home and no family. He would steal from vendors, or hunt for his own food. Sometimes if he was lucky, a Mother would take pity on him and give him stale bread or leftover meat and grapes.

At the age of seven, Percy had managed to persuade the leaders of the children's military school to let him train to be a Spartan Warrior. Since Percy was near skin and bone, and shorter than the rest of the children. The teachers laughed in his face, but let him join anyway. Mainly to bet on how fast Percy would die.

But Percy didn't die, in fact. Percy had learned that he was stronger than everyone other boy. With intense training and regular food and a good place to sleep, Percy grew. He gained muscle quickly. With the beatings he had received, and brutal treatment he received. Percy grew strong, he unwelded to intense pain and fought and fought until he physically couldn't. But for Percy, he lasted way longer than the other boys in a fight. He eventually started to last longer than the teachers, and even began to best them in combat.

At twelve he went Percy was deprived of clothes, food, and a place to sleep. Which was easy for him, since he grew up with that. He was encouraged to steal food, which he thought was funny, and was threatened with beating if he was caught. He was never caught.

By the time he was sixteen, Percy stood a foot taller than most of the other boys. Was built like a god, and impossible to beat in combat. The other boys had gotten jealous of Percy, since he was from street, born of nothing and had nothing. So almost everyone took it upon themselves to fight Percy any chance they got. Once they figured out that, attacking Percy with five others wasn't enough. They amassed a small army of kids, around 20, all armed with wooden swords and wooden spears. All determined to kill Percy.

Every single boy was laying beaten and bloodied on the ground around Percy's feet. Percy himself was only hit once. That one hit was the opening strike to his back, after that, he beat every single other student. Unarmed. The teacher took note of Percy, and his amazing strength. He had also looked different from everyone else. Despite having a body resembling the gods statues you can find anywhere, he had pure black hair and bright green eyes. Not a single person in Sparta had even resembled him.

Although he was great at training to be a soldier, he lacked in writing, reading and poetry. That was the only difficult part of schooling for him. He received most of his beatings from failed tests.

At the age of twenty, Percy had graduated from school and was entered into the army. His dream had come true. Then war came.

431 B.C.E. Sparta and Athens declared war on each other. Percy was on the first ship out of Sparta. He looked back at his home shores shrinking in the distance, as he was being sent to war.

Percy wasn't sure if he would even make it to land. The seas were treacherous, and filled with Athenian ships. Since he could through harder and further than the rest. He was assigned to be a spear thrower on the deck, instead of rowing. He could not shot a bow at all. He didn't know why he couldn't, but no matter how hard he trained in it. His bow skill seemed to get worse. He received dozens of beatings in school for that too.

By the time Percy's ship had landed near Athens. He had killed 15 enemy soldiers in ship battles. Most by hitting them with spears from insane distances. When his ship ran aground for the assault, he was the first to jump off.

His first real battle was intense. By the time it had ended, Sparta had lost it and Percy himself had over 40 kills. 5 times more than the person second to him. After the battle, his superiors recognize his talent and gave him full Spartan citizenship and his own home back in Sparta. At 21, Percy commanded his own soldiers, who had their undying respect for him.

Back in Sparta, injured soldiers that returned home to heal. Spread stories about the Demon Perseus. How he could charge an army of 100 by himself and kill them all without a scratch. His name became a legend within a year of the war back home. Even new soldiers just now joining the war new of him, and had hoped to see him in battle. Rumors popped up, of Percy being born from the gods, became wild fire. Soon everyone around the Greek world new his name. The Demigod named Perseus.