Boy From Sparta

The day after Percy became a Prince of Sparta. He moved into the Kings Palace. It was a huge building, with white marbled floors, walls, and pillars. It defiantly stood out from the reddish bricks that built Sparta. Percy had never seen a house this big, he figured a god or two could definitely live here.

As he healed, a constant stream of priest knocked on his door, offering to slaughter a goat, cow, chicken, virgin, or child to the gods to help him heal. He declined. He only used the work of doctors if you asked Percy.

As he was getting better, more people started knocking on his door. Fathers and Husbands. They offered Percy large bags of Drachma for him to put children worthy of the gods into their wife's/daughters. Much to the Kings protests, Percy turned them all down.

"What kind of Spartan are you!?" Luke yelled, he was in his full armor, rarely did Percy not see him with it on. "Not willing to bring Sparta more children and soldiers!"

"Luke..." The King sighed. "It's dinner, stop this yelling. If Percy doesn't want to sleep with half of Sparta... though I don't really get it. Then so be it."

"Father..." Luke said. "How can you live with yourself? You are no son of Sparta!" Luke spit at Percy. Percy threw a bread roll at him and nailed him right between the eyes. The King snorted. "You dishonored me!" Luke shouted again. "I challenge you to a duel!" Luke did...again.

The two weeks Percy had lived with the King and his now angry brother. Luke had challenged Percy about 84 times.

The king sighed. "Percy... since you are almost at 100 percent, can you please...please do this fight so Luke shuts up."

Percy's eyes flickered back and forth from the two, then sighed. "As you wish, my King."

"Please, call me Paul, if your not comfortable with father yet," The King said.

"A-as you wish, Paul," Percy said, standing up.

Out in the front yard, Luke was fully geared up, with a helmet to match his shiny not battle worn armor. The scars were a natural Spartan thing. Percy was covered in scars, which surprised non-Spartans that saw him without his armor. Except for the one time were he saved Annabeth, he hadn't been wounded since the war started. But Spartans schools were so harsh, you would be considered weird if you didn't have at least a few dozen scars by the time you graduated.

Percy stood a few paces away from Luke, facing each other. A crowed of civilians started to form outside their fence. Even the second King of Sparta showed up with his daughter. King Gabe and Clarisse, they were next door neighbors in almost an even bigger house. People were murmuring, and King Gabe and his daughter were mocking Percy. Since, Percy had decided to do this battle in his simple blue tunic, with a bread roll sticking out of his mouth.

Luke looked at their father who shrugged, "Fight," The King said.

Within a second, Percy nailed Luke in the helmet with a bread roll he had hidden in his pants. Everyone laughed, even King Gabe and his boar daughter. Luke growled, swiped the bread crumbs off his face and charged Percy with his spear aimed right at Percy's chest.

People gasped, if Luke connected with Percy, he would surly kill him. But Percy just smacked the spear tip away, and kicked Luke right in the chest sending him right to the dirt. The air whooshed out of Luke, and writhed and rolled around. A large dent in Lukes fancy breastplate now sat right in the center.

"Now your armor is battle worn," Percy said, though not many could understand him. Since he still had the roll in his mouth. Percy looked at the King who looked shocked. He surly did not expect Percy to beat Luke so easily, this was the first time he saw Percy fight first hand. And that he took down a Prince of Sparta with a bread roll in his mouth... the King was pleased but also, a little nervous of Percy. The King held silent suspicions, that the rumors about his new son were true. He was starting to believe, Percy was a son of a god.

As they walked to go back to their diner, Luke let out a battle cry. He had charged at Percy's back with his spear. Percy quickly spun, the spear tip missing him easily. Percy rolled down the shaft of the spear, and pushed Luke away so hard he almost backed up out of the yard completely. Percy snapped the spear into two, and held the end with the spear tip like a sword. He liked swords better than spears. Percy was now taking this fight seriously, a coldness washed over the crowed as they saw his cold and deadly eyes. People gasped, some screamed, and most backed away scared.

Luke started shaking, Percy's deadly eyes locked on him alone. Percy through the other end of the spear at Luke so hard, it hit a marble statue behind him and shattered it to a million pieces. Nobody seemed to worry that Percy, just broke a statue of Poseidon. They seemed to worry more about how Percy turned a statue of Poseidon into dust with just a broken end of a spear shaft.

Luke watch the statue crumble, taking his eyes off of Percy. Which was a mistake, with in a second, Percy had bounded the yard and put the spear tip against Luke's neck. A small bit of blood trickled down Luke's neck. "Percy...wins," King Paul said. Percy threw the broken spear head into the ground, almost disappearing completely in the dirt.

"Ki—Paul, may I have more of the goat?" Percy said.

"Y-yes, have all you want my son," Paul said.