Blood Beach

Percy clicked his hair clip, and the gleaming bronze sword of Riptide erupted in his hand. A collective gasp and a step back of shock echoed around the large wall of Spartan soldiers in front of him. Anger was seeping through Percy's body, filling with enough fire to completely forget the slash on his back.

"Where is my daughter?" King Gabe said.

"In there," Percy tilted his head back to the burning rubble of a house they called home for a few days. "Murdered by your own men, along the side of her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" King Gabe stammered. "...she said she was never interested in that stuff...only to serve me."

"Quite a nice home, you've made for yourself, Perseus," King Luke said. "Here I thought... you had died in the arena of Pephka. Think of my surprise when I got word of someone looking just like you here on Samos of all places. And add to my surprise when I found out that the Traitor Clarisse was here along with the Athenian Traitor Annabeth!" Luke started to cackle. "When I bring your head back on a plater for Sparta, I would be hailed as the greatest king ever! And marrying Princess Annabeth would cement a peace between Sparta and Athens."

"Watch what you say snake!" Percy growled.

"Perceus..." Luck clicked his tongue. "You are just one man with a sword. I have a thousand men, with a thousand swords on this beach. Plus two Spartan Kings. And your girl—sorry. My girl held hostage along with your two other friends here," he motioned to Will and Nico. "I have everything on my side, and all you have is a sword. And from the looks of it, a gash on your back," Luke nodded to Percy's feet, the sand under him was staining a deep red. "Kill him."

"NO!" Annabeth screamed, and fought the guard off. But took a hilt to the head and collapsed to the ground.

The ground started to rumble, gasps of the large wave of Spartans let out, as they tried to keep their footing. The ocean waves at their backs started to get stronger, uplifting their ships from their landing spots and crashing into each other. The ships were smashed into each other restless until there was nothing by splinters in the water. The waves started to move in a completely new direction, almost like the ocean was being controlled. Massive waves started to crash onto the beach, pushing the thousands of Spartans closer to Percy as he remained rooted in place. The violently shaking ground and angry sea not being able to move him an inch.

"The island!" a Spartan yelled. "It's—it's falling into the sea!"

"That's impossible!" Luke yelled, his horse getting agitated, and nervously fidgeting. "It's just an earthquake, it will pass! Ignore it and kill the traitor Perceus!"

A wave of red charged at Percy, like a red sea charging a beach. But Percy remained rooted.

Annabeth started to come too, her eyes fluttered quickly, trying to get sand out of her eye. The ground was still shaking, and the sound of the waves were almost covering the bloodcurdling screams of men. Her vision was blurry, she tried to look where Percy was. But all she saw was red. She managed to get her hands free from the bindings, and push herself weakly to her knees. Her head was throbbing, and spinning, the shaking ground was not any help.

"P-Percy..." Annabeth murmured. Her blurry eyes caught onto a figure with black hair, and she reached out to him. "Per—"

"P-Percy..." Nico said breathlessly. Annabeth's hand managed to hit Nico, and he grabbed her. "Will help me!" he yelled over the screams.

"My gods... there's so much blood..." Will said breathlessly. "The whole beach is red with blood..." a blonde figure ran over to Annabeth's free side, and put an arm around her. Both Will and Nico lifted her up, her vision teasing the edge of focus and unfocused. All she could see was a tall figure, fighting so fast it just looked to be a blur. Annabeth's eyes grew heavy, and when she woke up again, she was laying on a small bed in a random house.

"H-hello?" Annabeth said. No one answered. She got up, her legs felt weak, she had to use the walls to walk. She left her room, and saw Nico and Will staring out of a small window. Both of their mouths open, their eyes wide, and faces pale. But there was no Percy. "Where's Percy?" Annabeth asked, her voice was hoarse, and made the other two jump.

"Still fighting," Will said.

"It's been two hours..." Nico said. "Look..." he pointed to the window.

Annabeth shuffled over, and peered out of the small window.