Warning

They made landfall, docked their small boat at the docks, and walked into the harbor of the small village. Not a single soul was in town. Every building, from small stands to large houses were completely abandoned. Broken pots strewn out along the streets, and cobwebs covering doors and windows. Will and Nico went door to door checking to see if anyone was on the small island. While Annabeth and Percy went to go find higher ground and see how big the island actually was. And maybe if there was another village hidden behind some hills.

The highest point of the island was the abandoned vineyard. A nice two story large house atop the highest hill, looking over the stretching dried up strips of grape vines and the small village. The house was empty, and from the looks of the leftover food that had long been rotten, and the dried up wine jugs. This house had been abandoned long ago too. Annabeth went to check throughout the down stairs, while Percy went up.

He went from room to room, nothing but stale air and dusty clothes, beds, and furniture. He heard a loud crash from down stairs, and Annabeth scream. Percy jumped down the stairs, and ran through the bottom floor of the house until he found her. She was standing on a large crate, her head crooked sideways pressing against the ceiling. Her face was pale and her eyes wide.

"What happened?" Percy asked. Confused on why he found her in such a state.

"S-S-S-S" Annabeth stammered. Then her eyes went even wider, and screamed again. With a shaky finger she pointed. A spider the size of the tip of a small knife was scurrying across the floor.

"Really?" Percy asked. "Spiders is the most terrifying thing to you? You've been to war, fought against me, and a teeny spider got you like this?" He laughed.

"S-S-S-Shut up and k-k-k-k-kill it!" Annabeth stammered.

Percy lightly pressed his foot on the spider, giving a satisfying small crunch. "There, happy?" Annabeth sighed. "I should probably tell you that, your hair is in a spiderweb right now."

Annabeth shrieked and flung herself off the create. Percy hurried and caught her as he laughed. Annabeth squirmed and wriggled, attacking her hair with panicked hands. "Annabeth! I'm just joking!" Percy said through teary laughter.

Annabeth's shaky hand reached up and touched her hair, she then slowly glided her fingers through her silky blonde hair and anger quickly filled her face. "I hate you!" Annabeth said, pushing Percy to the floor, she stomped out of the room in a huff.

"No you don't," Percy said, after he got up. He caught her tail end go through the main door to the outside. He chased after her. "Annabeth hey wait up, do you really—" Percy stopped in the doorway. Annabeth stood rooted to the spot, as a tall man in fishing garb, and a long black beard and long messy black hair. Emerald green eyes, looked at the two Demigods, with sympathy? "Dad? What are you doing here?" Percy said, finally moving closer to them.

"Perseus," Poseidon said. His voice wasn't filled with life, like the first time they met. "I bare news... the gods... they saw your power against the Spartan army and Kings. They thing you are powerful."

"They should know he is," Annabeth corrected Poseidon. He chuckled softly.

"Hey, the island is empty!" Will said walking up. "It's just us here, I wonder what—who's this?"

"This is my father," Percy said, now standing next to Annabeth. Will and Nico walked closer, and looked confused. Then together, their eyes went wide.

"Poseidon," Poseidon said. "Will son of Apollo, and Nico, son of Hades." He nodded. "Nice to meet you."

"You too...sir...my lord...uh...most holy...sea man..." Will blushed, embarrassed. Nico elbowed him in the arm.

"Why are you here?" Percy said to Poseidon.

"Right..." Poseidon sighed. "The gods have seen your power. And they do not like it... they are angry. Especially Ares. You killed a thousand of his Spartan believers, and one of the kings. And his daughter—"

"I didn't kill Clarisse!" Percy shouted. "The Spartans and Luk did that. Not me! I tried to save her, but when I reached her, it was to late. Her dying breath was for me to lay her next to Chris. Go tell that meat head his own people killed his daughter!"

Will and Nico gasped, Annabeth looked shocked. Percy had just yelled at, insulted, and demanded two gods in one in one breath.

"Per—my son..." Poseidon said. "I have tried to fight on your behalf. But Zeus is being unreasonable and is on Ares' side. "They voted to kill you. 9 to 3.... I, Athena, and Hades voted neigh. But it wasn't enough... Ares is building an army of monsters, and they are hunting you."