Calm

After Percy and Annabeth's fourth time in the bathhouse, they laid there recharging. Annabeth was sprawled on top of Percy, laying her head on his scarred-up chest, listening to his racing heart. She was panting, weird feelings filled her body. Feelings she never felt before.

She felt like she was Zeus's lightning bolt, could run to Athens and back, and felt warm and fuzzy. Her legs were shaking, so much so, she did not think she could walk. Her mind was in a daze, the only coherent thing she could think of was the man under her. She could feel and hear the pounding of Percy's heart. Hers was pounding too, but she really liked the rhythm of his.

Percy weakly held onto Annabeth, keeping her wet slippery body from sliding off his. He didn't want this night to end, he wanted to stay here, with Annabeth until the end of the world. He picked his head up, and kissed her beat red forehead. He would run away that second if Annabeth asked him to. He'd drop everything, leave behind fighting, the Olympics, even Sparta. If only she would ask him too. He wanted her to ask him more than anything.

Annabeth calming her heart down, she picked up her head and planted a kiss right onto Percy's heart. He looked down at her, a smile on both of their faces.

"Annabeth..." Percy said, trying to muster the courage. "Will you run away with me?"

She smiled a soft smile, he knew she wanted to, but that smile had a hint of sadness to it, he knew the answer before she even said it. "Percy... I want to... believe me... but I want to live in a world with you, where we don't need to run away. Were we can live together, without looking behind our backs, waiting to see if Sparta or Athens have come for us."

Percy understood, but he hated that he understood. "Annabeth... I lo—"

Percy stopped mid sentence, lifted his head, and turned to look at the entrance. Annabeth didn't hear anything, but before she could ask him. He slid her body off of him, and pushed her under a near by bench. He held up his finger to his lips, and looked her in the eye. She nodded, and Percy plunged his hand into the bucket and pulled out the knife Annabeth had brought with her.

She watched Percy stand up, holding the knife and bucket. But the only thing she could see was two perfectly toned cheeks, on the backside of a trident.

Now Annabeth heard something, the sounds of a bunch of footsteps. She tried crawling out, but Percy nudged her slightly back under the bench. What ever was happening, she took the hint. That it wasn't a moment to stand up without a weapon.

"Perseus?" a deep and rough voice said.

"Sorry, no Perseus here," Percy said.

"We've come for you," the man said.

"That's weird, but next time I see a Perseus, I'll tell him, kay?" Percy said.

"Silence!" the man shouted. "I know your Perseus!"

"How?" Percy said. "Did you hear your mom screaming my name to the gods when I fucked her?" Annabeth could hear the smirk on his face.

"You son of a whore—Wooshesssssshhhhhh" Percy dumped the bucket of water onto the hot rocks, hot steam instantly filled the room. A bead of sweat rolled down Annabeth's face, as the temperature of the room steadily rose. She reached up to wipe her forehead, when she moved her hand away, Percy's trident was gone.

"Where is he—AHHHHH!"

"Kill him—n-no!"

"What is this power! Bleugh—"

Screams filled the room, clanking metal, and armor smashing to the ground. The sound of blood smacking the stone floors, and the quick steps of wet bare feet running around bounced off the stone walls. After a couple seconds, it went dead silent. Annabeth couldn't even hear the steam anymore.

Annabeth's heart pounded, and without knowing if Percy was ok, or if it was safe. She slid out from under the bench, and stood. The steam cleared after a few seconds of her trying to make out any figures. Then she saw what happened. Roughly over a dozen armed men had come inside the bathhouse, and with Annabeth's assumption, came to kill Percy. But it didn't really go to plan for them.

The floors and pools of the bathhouse were littered with dead bodies, blood was spilled everywhere, blood covered the floors, and filled the pools. A body was floating in a pool near her, his face looked like it was boiled. Another had his throat cut so deep, she could see his spine. Others had missing limbs, others were stabbed so many times, she couldn't even fathom how Percy did it so fast. There was even a guy hanging by his neck from the ceiling, a silk scarf was woven so tight around his neck his eyes bulged. Annabeth had seen Percy fight before, but he always looked bored. Now... Percy was angry, and she was too. Whoever these men were ruined their perfect night together. She had hoped to go a few more rounds with Percy, until sun up.

Making her way through, carful not to slip on the blood. She finally found Percy. He was still nude, covered in blood and talking to another armored man. From the looks of it, the man looked terrified, and Percy looked angry. "Who sent you?!" Percy growled with bared teeth, and anger. Annabeth's heart skipped a beat, and she found herself strangely wet, mainly down south.

"T-the king of- of Sparta!" the man shouted, and Percy's face dropped.

"Lier..." Percy said quietly, before raising his arm, and a powerful jet of water burst from a nearby pool, and drowning the man with hundreds of gallons of water in an instant. Percy met her eyes, he looked confused, and hurt. Annabeth ran over to him, and held him, she didn't understand what came over her. But she thought he needed to hear this now.

"I love you."