Red

Annabeth peered out of the small window, a loud gasp flew out. Her hand clapped over her mouth to stop her from screaming. In her years of war, she had never seen this much carnage in one place. Every battle she had won, and fought, consisted of a few hundred soldiers at most. The post battle field was always a horrible sight. But the scene in front of her was far worse than all of the war she had seen. Tears formed in her eyes, as the pungent smell of iron filled the air. The house they had fled to was on the beach, and still had a clear view of it. Close enough to smell the iron in the blood.

The beach that was filled with fun memories of her and Percy's time together, along with her new friends Clarisse, Chris, Will and Nico. Was now covered in an inch of blood. The whole white sandy beach, stained crimson, even the ocean was turning red as the angry waves lapped at the blood soaked sands. Hundreds of bodies laying around the beach, most of which were pilled so high, they were taller than Nico. Body parts spread across the beach so fine, you'd have trouble not stepping on a hand, foot, arm, leg, or head. From the stretch of their burning house, and to the sea, was completely soaked and covered in blood, and bodies, and limbs. So much red, Annabeth feared that would be the only color she'd ever see again.

In the center of it all, was a man soaked in blood. Spinning, and slashing so fast, Annabeth could only see the feint gleams of a blood soaked sword in the sun. She couldn't recognize the being, still fighting, but she knew it was Percy. Fighting his hardest, to protect them. Killing his own countrymen, just to make sure the rest of them didn't end up like Clarisse and Chris.

The last few Spartans stood rooted in place, as more of their friends fell, staining the sand even more red. Percy stopped infront of them, completely soaked in blood, with his red sword by his side, droplets of thick blood fell from the tip, into the sand. It looked like Percy was trying to let them run, but the last two Spartans didn't. They raised their swords, then their heads hit the sand before their bodies. All that was left was the two Spartan Kings.

They tried to run for it on their horses. But it looked like the sea swept onto the land, and stopped the horses in their tracks. The kings jumped off, and tried to run on foot. But Percy moved so fast, he stopped in front of them, without Annabeth seeing him move a foot. The horses ran off, and the Kings fell to their knees before Percy. Clapping their hands together and begging like children to let them live.

"We have to go!" Annabeth said, leaving the window.

"But it's dangerous!" Nico said.

"Not really..." Will said. "Everyone is dead."

By the time they reached the beach, Percy was still standing over the two kings, motionless. The kings were crying, begging Percy not to kill them, but it was like Percy was just a blood soaked statue. Nico and Will reached the beach after Annabeth. Immediately they froze, looking over the beach, they both started to vomit. Annabeth maneuvered her way through the carcasses of the Spartans, closer to Percy.

"Perseus! Please!" Luke begged, gasping for air like a toddler. "Please let me live!" Finally, Percy spoke.

"You killed our father, betrayed me, sold me, killed Clarisse and Chris! Why should I let you live!" Percy yelled. Luke coward away at the command in Percy's tone. "Gabe, leave. If I hear you are hunting me or my friend again. I will remove Sparta from this world."

"Y-yes sir," Gabe said, scurrying to his feet and running away.

"Percy please—"

"You don't get to call me that!" Percy shouted, aiming his sword at Luke's neck. Luke stood up quickly, pulling a dagger from the back of his armor. Percy held out a hand and Luke froze mid slash, ridged like a statue.

"W-what is this power?" Luke said, his body shaking and stiff.

"I'm through with you," Percy said.

He clenched his fist, and Luke's body tightened. He gasped in pain, and then his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Blood started to gush out like a fountain from his nose. So much blood. Far more than a person could lose and live with. Luke's skin started to turn pale, and dry up like dried dates. Quickly the last of Luke's blood sputtered from his nose, his body looking like a mummified corpse. Percy dropped his hand, and the body crackled to the ground.

"P-Percy..." Annabeth said.

Percy turned around quickly, anger and fear in his eyes. Then, he collapsed.