Son of the Sea

As Percy slowly sank deeper into the ocean, the mast from the ship pulling him down, and ropes tangling him to it. He saw the outline of Annabeth, slowly get blurrier and blurrier, until he couldn't make her out anymore. He knew she had tried to help him, tried to warn him. Yet, all he felt was sadness, making her scream like that. Making her make that hurt and terrified face, as he sank.

"Please... Poseidon... let me... see her again..." Percy thought, then felt something hard hit his head and everything went black.

The next thing Percy knew, he was retching, and coughing up water on dry ground. His guts curled up as water gushed from his mouth, all he could taste was salt.

Once Percy settled, and stopped puking sea water. A pair of sandal laced feet stood in front of him. He followed the legs with his eyes, to the knees and to the thighs. It was a girl, standing before him. In a thin white dress, olive skin and brown hair. Her face had a smile, but her eyes had a sad look. She was pretty, but for some reason, Percy knew Annabeth was better.

"Welcome, Perseus," she said in a calming voice. "Please follow me."

She turned around, and started walking before Percy could even get to his feet. That's when he realized... he was nude.

"Uh... e-excuse me," he said in a sheepish voice. "can I get some, pants or something?"

The girl said nothing, just kept walking. A strong feeling washed over Percy, that he should do as the girl asked. So he did. He followed her down halls, and giant rooms filled with stuff that was making Percy feel like he was either crazy or dead. They passed a room that was completely on fire, but there were dark figures in the flames, and loud hammering sounds. A room filled with soldiers, but giant lobster soldiers. That's when he realized something wasn't right. The entered a long glass hallway, it was a tunnel with curved glass overhead. The entire ocean was above then, around them and under them. Percy realized, that after falling into the sea... he had never left. The floors were sea stones, the walls too. Servants that looked like sharks, and a stables outside that had seahorses as the horses. His mind was about to break, as the girl pushed open a large set of coral encrusted double doors.

"Milord," The girl bowed. "I have brought him."

A tall man was sitting in a sea stone throne, long black and white beard, and long hair. Sandals covered his size 40 feet, and a loose-fitting toga wrapped around him, like he didn't really care. And a coral crown atop his head.

"Ah... Perseus Jackson!" The man said loudly, now sitting up giving Percy his full attention. Percy thought it was weird, not that the man was huge, or knew his name.

"I...I had a last name?" Percy asked, stunned at the sudden news. The king laughed and patted his knee.

"Of course you do my boy!" the king stood up, and with each step he took, he got smaller to about Percy's height.

"Who are you?" Percy asked. The man smiled, his face looked old and worn. That's when Percy saw it. Green eyes, and black hair, the same as his. "G-grandpa?"

"No!" the man scoffed. "I'm your father, Poseidon!"

Percy stood there in shocked silence. The whole throne room was silent, besides the distant calls of whales from outside. "Shouldn't your mother have told you by now? That you're the son of the sea god."

"...no..." Percy said. "She died in childbirth in Sparta."

The kings face dropped, there was a light in his eyes that Percy just snuffed out with the news. The king tried to hide his pain, but Percy could see it. "...I-I'm sorry for your loss..."

"I thought my father died with the great king Leonidas," Percy said, eager to change the subject.

The kings smile returned, "No, but I was there. Once Leonidas fell, I returned to the sea." He looked at Percy, like it was the first time ever seeing him, Percy could see glimpses of his old eyes welling up. "Listen, son... I'm trully sorry about your mother. She was... amazing."

"I... But..." Percy stammered, he was lost in thought. And almost like Poseidon read his thoughts.

"Yes, you are alive. Yes, you are the son of Poseidon. And yes, you have water powers." The king said. "No, your not hallucinating. As you were sinking deeper into the ocean, didn't you think at all about how you weren't drowning, or getting crushed to death from the water?"

Truth is... Percy did not.

"Perseus Jackson, Son of Poseidon," The king continued. Everyone in the throne room bowed, fish outside of the palace all stopped and watched, Percy noticed a glowing above his head. He looked up, and saw a sea green trident floating above him. "You are stronger than all, and wield the power to change the world. Be carful son, monsters are out there, and dying for a taste of you. We will talk again, and if you ever need me, just go to the sea's edge and speak to the water."

"But Pos—Dad—" Suddenly, thousands of bubbles wrapped around Percy like he just jumped into the water. They covered his face, closing his view of his true father. The next thing, Percy jumped awake. He was laying on a makeshift bed, on a small island unknown to him. A massive statue of Poseidon holding a trident and kneeling looking at the water above him. At first Percy thought it was just a dream, then he went to the waters edge and tried something. A strong tug in his gut sprouted into the air and rained down over him. Not a single drop of water touched him.

That's when he knew... He was the Son of the Sea god.