11. A Peculiar Buttercup.

Mention of Rape.
-

My mouth dropped progressively. My eyes brimmed with tears that I desperately wanted to let out, but I knew I shouldn't be the one to cry. He should.

A woman driven to Madness because she was stuck with a Man she loved, and no longer saw as her friend. What she did was despicable though, even if she did fall in love with him, Sebastian wasn't cheating! They both made it clear in the beginning, that it was only to make their parents get off their backs for a while!

Sebastian had said that they could've ended the Marriage, but, they liked it. They were like best friends, Soulmates, and who wouldn't like to be married to their Soulmate? Although.. It seems to me that Marie didn't leave, because she didn't want to have a bad reputation. Still, she.. She raped him.

And for some reason, I don't believe she raped him just once. She knew that if she was pregnant, he'd feel forced to stay with her. How does one turn so.. Horrifying because of Love? I've never heard something like this. My heart ached even more when I realized that the reason why I was crying about a child, was because In the same bathroom Marie had hung herself in. With the fetus inside of her.

Sebastian broke the silence, voice tuneless but at the same time sullen. As if all emotions have been drained from him, he looks at me with a blank expression. "I wonder... Would the fetus turn into a he, or she? Then again, it didn't matter. What mattered was that I would've loved them regardless, that is, if Marie had opened the door, and talked to me."

The tears run down my face. "..I didn't m-mean.. No! That isn't fear!!—" Sebastian laughs without any emotion. "Of course it's not. But I'm a Man, and people would always believe the woman. Rightfully so, there are too many horrible men in this world, but why pin the blame on the others without any Prove?"

Even after he died, they made him seem like a terrible person. They could've checked for fingerprints!! Examined the bodies! Or.. Was it hard to do so back in the days? I tried to come up with different theories but None of them made sense!!

Instead, I sat there, weeping silently. If I were him, I would've.. Ugh!!! Definitely come back alive and then die again due to rage!! I bit my lip to stop myself from making any noise. Sebastian stayed silent, until I felt a gentle hand on my head, ruffling my wavy hair. Sebastian stood in front of me, in between my legs as he stared down into my light green eyes. I was fuming because of his story, the tears just ran down my face. Soon, I let out a sound of frustration and anger. Why was I feeling this way?

Were this his emotions? What he was feeling in the inside? I was convinced when I noticed the way his jaw clenched, the way his Adams apple bopped repeatedly, and the cold, distant glint in his eyes. I groaned again, Sebastian sighed, he grabbed my neck gently, and pressed me against his abdomen. Later, I wrapped my arms around his hips, my cries muffled.

He chuckled very deeply, his stomach spasmed. "..Now, now... I'm glad I killed myself. If I didn't, I wouldn't have met you. I wouldn't be able to start over, I have hope that I might be able to redeem my reputation." I nod rapidly causing him to laugh very loudly, "You are Peculiar, do you know that, mh, Buttercup?"

The tears flow even more freely as soon as I hear him call me buttercup. "..Uhu.."

I lift my head slightly, my vision is blurred because of my tears but I squint my eyes as I make eye contact with Sebastian. His lips were perked up in a sweet smirk, his eyes fixated on my tear stained face, and curly black stands invaded his forehead. "No more tears then?"

I shake my head and pout. "I was only.. I w-was only crying because—" His mocking stare made me shut my lips. Jerk, teasing me again!

"Seb?" He hums, playing with brown wavy stands that were sticking out on my head. "Mh?" I say determined. "I'll help you. I don't know you for long, but, You've known me for months. I'll help you with your reputation, I'll make everyone know about your story, and I'll help you gain your energy back. Whatever I have to do, I'll do it, for you, and your child."

The corners of his lips slump. He knits his brows, "Will you? Are you willing to do anything?"

I smirk. "Our Souls are already tied, I don't think I have a choice."