5. Peculiar Events.

I didn't wait for my Father to run after me, begging for me to let me pick him up, because it'd feel guilty even though I had every right to act this way. I walked, yes, five miles to where I live by foot.

That was only because I lived near the 'city.' It was only called that because all the other places were just forests, and houses. While the other side was full of shops, a gym, School, and other places.

I almost passed out on the road, my legs felt exhausted, and I was very overwhelmed especially because I had the feeling I was being watched. Soon, I heard a car beside me, they honked at me causing me to fixate my attention on them. It was my Father. He had a worried look on his face, he rolled down his window, and ushed me to enter the car. "You're gonna get sick! Enter, now!"

I obeyed him, getting sick of walking. Father kept tapping his fingers on the wheel as he hummed to the low song. He tried to speak to me, numerous times, but I had nothing to say him.

When we made it to my place, I got ready to open the door, but he grabbed my arm. ".. Joseph, I want you to know that I feel guilty, I always have. It's not enough to take away your years of.. Neglect and Abandonment, but I want to try. I really do."

I wring my hands awkwardly. My eyebrows twitch, and I avoid his intense stare. "..I don't care. I won't stop you if you wanna try.. Just please, don't expect me to run into your arms because you finally decided to be a decent dad."

I can tell that hurt him, he can't fool me. Father crossed his arms, he rests comfortable on his seat. "I won't. But if you do... If you do decide to reach out me, I will be there for you, always."

Sighing, I open the car door, and before I shut it gently, I frown as I look at his sullen but gentle gaze. Hesitating when saying, "...Thank you." I end up being glad that I thanked him. He was trying, and.. I suppose I'm not used to having a Father.

It was late in the evening, and Lila was with me. We both sat outside, on my porch. I invited her instead,

But..

She felt strange, as if someone was shooting daggers at her with their stare. Her description of how she felt, was disturbing, and I suspected it was the.. The spirit. Eventually, we went outside with hot chocolates in our hands.

It was autumn, and the month of October. Halloween was just one day away! And I dreaded it more than religious people. Questions tan through my mind, would the spirit become more..  Hostile? Would I be able to see it more clearly? Would it bother me more?

Anxiousness overwhelmed my body, and I gnawed on my lower lip. Especially with these abilities, wasn't Halloween the time where Spirits and other sorts of Non living things, roamed on the Earth? Or was that simply a myth? Nothing seemed to reassure me. Maybe I should've really moved away.

But either way, I would probably still be able to see some spirits. Although, that was a big assumption. I didn't know the extent of my abilities, nor did I even know what I was fully capable of doing.

That wasn't my biggest concern though. A few older people have warned me about how most youngsters like to play a little prank across the town, so it'd be best if I keep an eye out. Not only that, but they like to go and mess up some graveyards, which I find, absolutely and totally immature, and inhumane. Since the graveyard was in the woods, and the woods weren't that far, I could make sure they don't try anything dangerous.

I remember when I first moved in here, I gave flowers to all Tombstone's. It was nothing serious, I saw Grandpa Pablo do it, he believes every soul deserves beautiful flowers. Some souls are corrupt, but.. I guess I believe that too. It's respect, I suppose. Although.. When I heard of The Shaw House' history, I thought I recognized that name... Maybe, I saw the tombstones.

Lila looked at me for a long time, before she set her cup down, and decided to check up on me. "What's wrong?"

I blink my thoughts away, and set my attention on her. Her straight black hair lays neatly against her back, her grey eyes show nothing but genuine concern for me.

A gentle smile crept on my face. "Nothing, you? How have you been holding up? With your job?"

Lila hummed thoughtfully, she started into the dark. "Stressful as always, but I'm doing fine." She turned to me, her eyes observed me curiously. "What's that?"

My heart stopped.

"What?" I looked around frantically, Lila murmued. "..no.. No.. That." I followed her gaze only to find a hand print on my neck.

I gulped fearfully, my mind traced back to the Spirit. Worried and Afraid to sleep tonight, especially since Halloween was just a day away, I conclude that I might sleep with one eye open tonight. Sighing, I zip my jacket fully. "Nothing. I must've slept strangely."

I must've.

Lila drove off with her car, I told her to be safe as it was really dark outside, and only 8pm! I took our cups, went inside, closed the door, locking it twice. After I finished washing the cups, I head off to my shower. Letting my clothes slip off my body, I step in the shower, and turn the warm water. I take a few deep breaths, trying to reassure myself. This sucks, Having this 'gift'... It sucks.

I'm constantly afraid, and.. Haunted. I don't even notice the cold but close presence behind me. Until I hear breathing noises. I gasp when I feel a hand caressing my lower back, biting my lip, fear takes over my body, and my knees buckle. My knees hit the floor of the shower, and I hyperventilate. I no longer feel the touch, but I can hear the Spirits voice.

Very faint.

I turn the shower off, and my hand reaches behind me to grab the towel. When I do, I dry myself up, and my chest heaves fearfully. The breathing stopped, but my vision is clouded by Memories I don't remember having. My head hurts very badly, and I can't help but groan in pain. I tried to stand up, but I slipped and fell!

My temple slammed itself against the floor tiles, and before I passed out, I caught a glimpse of the curly dark headed man that has cold, and distant grey eyes.