39. The Prophecy

Josephine's pov

Everyone gasped as Grandpa revealed everything that had happened earlier today.

Mother and Father were the only ones that seemed to be understanding of this, and I hated it. It was as if they forgot about me, did they forget their words?

When they told me that they were certain that I would be the heir. So this was a shock to me, Joseph?

A part of me knew that it made sense, but I refused to accept those thoughts. I should've been the heir, I mean.. I was so certain about it.

Mariana and Maria were shocked too, they could've also been the heirs. But I highly doubt they would've gotten chosen over me.

Grandpa smiled confidently, and something about that smile irked me. "Last night, he fully resurrected someone, today, he is going to resurrect someone. He's the right person to inherit the box. Despite being new to all of this, he managed to do so much, managed to accomplished things I had not accomplished when I was his age. He made progress, rapidly too."

I couldn't lie that Grandpa was right. He did make a lot of progress, a lot more than I did, and I had been practicing my entire life. I was so overcome with enviousness, that I hadn't noticed that I wasn't the right person to inherit the box. My abilities weren't that developed over the years, and I never practiced necromancy. I was so busy with my husband, Leo, and busy trying to please Mother.

My leg started to bounce, I was no longer paying attention. I thought I was better than everyone, but in reality, I wasn't. I was worried that Joseph would end up taking my— our parents away from me, but in reality, they never really cared about me or José as soon as Joseph unlocked his abilities. And yet, I blamed Joseph due to my enviousness and jealousy.

It wasn't his fault, although, I would like for it be. It was our Parents' fault. My heart ached, I was going to lose my baby brothers. I'm the worse sister ever, aren't I? José had never done anything to me, and yet I held my head high up, thinking that he was just as irrelevant Joseph. That my Parents cared for only me. Leo was right.. Sometimes I wonder why he married me, I was a narcissist. And I knew that.

I thought I would be heir, and I knew that with Joseph aquiring more abilities, that title I had since birth would be taken away from me. But then again, it never belonged to me from the beginning.

The prophecy I had was true. I tried so hard to deny it, and that was also part of the reason why I loathed Joseph so much. It was his fate for him to become the greatest of all. The greatest psychic, the greatest necromancer, and I knew that. The prophecy stated so, and yet I tried so hard to ignore it.

I cursed under a breath, sending an apologetic glance at Sonja who looked at me. I couldn't stay angry forever, or else my heart would burst. I had to make things right, for my marriage, for my parents, and for my siblings.

Joseph's pov.

"..Sebastian.." Lila said as she tried to piece the puzzle together. "..The Shaw House.."

"Yes," I confirmed her suspicions. "..Sebastian Shaw, whom I resurrected. Accidentally, may I add. He is also my Lover."

She was even more shocked to hear that. "..So this whole time.. He was.. You were..?"

I nodded to whatever she was hinting at. I really didn't have time for this because I did not plan for this to happen. I had to go back to the Hospital with José and Marie's body, I didn't even know that she would be looking for me. Although, a part of me was glad because I wanted to apologize for my behavior.

"..Lila.. I'm sorry. The last time I saw you—"

"We don't have time for this, Joseph. We have to go." José interrupted us, clearly impatient. He got up and walked off, possibly to get Marie's body.

Lila zoned off, trying to process all of this. I sighed, helping Lila stand up, I caressed her cheek, "Go home.. I would escort you, but I have a few things to do. Think about this, okay? And when you're ready, come back here, I'll explain everything."

Still not in the right mind, she took her things and left the fireplace. I followed her, but only to aid her with wearing her coat back on. I waved at her, and she stepped back in the cold.

I had the urge to call her name, for her to turn around so I could apologize one more time. So I could explain to her right now, because who knew if this would be the last time I got to see the first friend I made, along with Richie.

But instead, I bit my lower lip, and turned around. My mind makes up hopeful situations. For now, I had to help José with Marie's heavy body.

"Sorry, we got held up." José said.

I exhaled, very out of breath. Sneaking Marie's body inside of the hospital wasn't very easy, but the plan successfully worked. Basically, Micheal distracted the receptionist and since today was a very busy day for the nurses and Doctors, it was very easy to just use a stretcher to get Marie's body in the room Harry and Sebastian were in.

Harry faced José with a curious and concerned look. "What happened?"

José took a very long time to ask, he simply stared at Harry, and fumbled around with his hands before conjuring up an acceptable excuse while side eyeing me. "..Joseph introduced me to his friend?"

Harry looked at me, his face told me 'Seriously?'

I shrugged. I approached Sebastian, sitting down next to him, I held his hand as I whispered. "..Lila knows. About us, about you, and about me."

He squeezed my hand, "Is that a good thing..?"

I wasn't too sure. But if I wanted for her to be my friend, then she deserved to know the truth. "..I guess? I just hope she'll be alright."

He kissed my temple as a way to reassure me while caressing my back "She will be, I'm sure of it."

I smiled at him.