16. Positive Events?

Three days later. After careful consideration.

I had a few things I wanted to do today. I'd go to the Family's house, and my mother would help me. Then, I'd arrange a meeting with José, and I would visit Marie's grave.

I brushed my fingers through my hair,  I made sure I looked presentable before I went to check up on Sebastian. I was shocked.

My father sat next to Sebastian, he was showing him an Article, and Sebastian listened very intently to whatever my Father was spewing. Father peeked at me, "Ready to go?"

I nodded, feeling a little excited. "Yes, Sebastian, It won't take long."

He smiles at me, and goes back to reading the Article my Father gave him. I chuckled to myself.

Well, it was time to go.

My coat had been removed long ago, I sat on a mat in front of my mother, who said crosslegged on the floor. She took a few deep breaths, and closed her eyes. "Joseph, close your eyes." I groaned, "fine."

Mother said that meditating, and practicing, and focusing on one ability was easier and better. So, we were currently practicing on my feeling sense. To be honest, I was grateful. That she was helping me.

This wouldn't be too bad.

Hours later.

José and I were in a restaurant,
It was around 7pm when I decided to meet him here. We had a lot to talk about, and this was the right place. We were at a VIP section, so we do not need to worry about nosy people prying into our business.

"Let me keep this short," I began. "I want to fix Sebastian's reputation, we do. He was accused, but that's a story for another time. Anyways, we need your friend, he's a forensic pathologist, right? We need him when I resurrect Sebastian's ex wife. Her body should contain some proof."

José deadpans. "And how are you going to do that? Also, that body is old, what makes you think it still has some evidence?"

I scratch my head, and scowl at him. "Necromancers can find their way, right?"

José shrugs. "I suppose, there might  be a few spells, but, do you really think you'll be able to do it by yourself?"

I focus on eating for a few minutes, cutting the fish, I put it in my mouth, and chew slowly. Tapping my mouth clean with a napkin, I reply. "José, I'm serious. Will you help me? If You won't, I'll find my way. Somehow."

He stares at me for a long time, contemplating if he'd like to do so. When he's ready, he succumbs to my wishes. "So be it. I will help. When would you like to resurrect her?"

Grinning, I answer. "As soon as possible, of course."

I'm surprised he said yes, I'm even more surprised when he smiles as my grin grows. When we're like this, he doesn't seem too bad.

I liked it.

Eventually after we talked about what we would do next, we left.

For now, I should go home and spend some time with Sebastian. Then, I should consider giving Lila a call. I sigh, the weight on my shoulders have been lifted. I feel better, somehow. Must be because I know that I can help Sebastian now.

Sebastian..

That kiss.. That day.. It was really strange, but at the same time it wasn't. I loved it, every second of it, a day where I didn't have to worry about anything else. Sometimes I wonder what I feel when I'm around him, or was it because of the Soul tie thing?

"Sebastian?" I call out to him. He wasn't in the house, so I figured he would be at the Graveyard.

My heart was racing, for some reason, I'm excited to see him. But that could only mean one thing... I shake my head. I was right. Sebastian's crouched down in front of a familiar grave. Marie. It's the fact that she raped him, and here he was, talking to her. He even gave her some of my flowers, Sebastian... You're too kind.

I stood there, watching him with a look of admiration. Eventually, Sebastian laughed out loud, "Zoning out? Have you missed me, buttercup?"

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't stop the smile that continued to grow on my face. "..Of course I did." This time, he looked surprised at what I said.

Me too, Sebastian, me too!

I approached him, only to move a few strands that were blocking his view, and tucked them behind his ear. I averted my stare, his piercing grey eyes prodded my heated face. "Let us.. Go to the city. I wanna show you some things, things that might excite you."

He stayed silent, an unreadable expression overshadowed his face. I didn't wait for him to reply, I grabbed his hand, and lead him out of the Graveyard.

Why was I more excited than he was?
Or was I just really boring?

We ran through the streets, my arm was outstretched as I pointed towards the big building. We entered the building, and I happily explained to Sebastian, that this building contained lots of Malls inside of it. While also exclaiming what Malls were. I showed him the newest style for Men, and a few accessories that were new.

Still, he didn't seem excited. He looked away whenever I stared at him.

Looked away..

I smiled to myself, was he only paying attention to me? I cleared my throat at my own thoughts. No! He should be paying attention to what I'm saying!!

I pushed him into the changing room, and waited for him to try the new clothes he picked out. And, to fuel my jealousy of his beauty, he looked gorgeous in every clothing!

I paid for our clothes, but I was still bothered by the fact that Sebastian wasn't smiling. We were sitting outside of the coffee shop, after ten minutes of informing Sebastian about the drinks, and the food. We finally ordered.

Sebastian was, once again, absentmindedly staring into nothing. I accidentally groaned out loud in frustration, his attention was now on me. "What's wrong?"

I swallow down my frustration, and evade the question by shrugging. "D-did you enjoy yourself today?"

Sebastian looked perplexed when he realized that I was speaking to him. "Thank you, seriously. This is mind blowing... I never thought I'd be alive, over a hundred years later. I was confused by some.. Accessories? But, I'll get used to it."

I grinned. "You will." My grin faded away, I questioned him, concern latching onto my voice. "Are you.. Well? You've been oddly quiet the entire time."

What I'm trying to say, is that I miss you teasing me, and calling me buttercup.

I gulp, pushing those intrusive thoughts away. Sebastian finally shows me a smile that's genuine. "I am. I was just... Lost in thoughts."

He catches me off guard when a stern expression overtakes his previous one. "Do not lie to me, Joseph. What have you been up to these past few days?"