15. Embarrassed.

November 13.
10am.

The front door was open. I stepped inside and closed the door quietly. "..Sebastian?" I said hesitantly.

I let out a sigh of relief when I heard a deep laugh, and an familiar one too... Lila? For some reason, I didn't want them to be alone. I quickened my steps, my eyes found themselves on Sebastian. He was pouring her a drink, as she sat on a stool, thanking him for the drinks. Her cheeks were flushed.

Wow! I'm missing for a day, and he's here talking to MY friend, someone he doesn't even know yet?! Well, they seem very close now. Nevermind that, I clear my throat. Sebastian's smile disappears, he looks at me, concern etched ontl his face. He hurriedly gets her the drink he poured for her, and rushes over to me. Lila has a look of disappointed, and shock.

"Joseph, are you Alright?" She frowns. "Sebastian told me that he was waiting for you since yesterday! Poor Man couldn't even leave the house in hopes that you would return!" Poor Man...

What about me!? I could've been kidnapped, or worse!

Why was I so annoyed? Lila is my friend, and clearly she has a thing for Sebastian! I can't blame her though, he's really— UGH!

I groan out loud, realizing what I had just done, I stormed off to my room. "..I need to rest.." What's wrong with me? She didn't do anything wrong to me, it's not her fault. She doesn't know about.. Me. About my family, about what I can now do.. It's just hard not being able to tell anyone about your issues.

Everyone except for Sebastian. I rolled my eyes, I remove my clothes hastily, shoving them in a basket. I cross my arms, and pout like a child. "Whatever, I'm not mad!" Tears well up in my eyes. I'm honestly being ridiculous right now!

I'm just feeling a bit emotional! I mean, José saw me and Sebastian. My family knows about SEBASTIAN. My father lied to me, and they were obviously planning to lock me! Then, my mother wanted to help me, and I accepted her help! Not to mention the fact that José obviously knows that redhead! And I need that redhead in order for me to help SEBASTIAN!

I kick my legs furiously, I feel so much pressure on me!!! Not because of Sebastian, but because my Family. Next thing I know, they want me to have kids so they inherit my abilities! If that does happen, at least I'll know how Josephine feels like. She's not too old, she has all the time in the world, but Mother is pushing her to have children.

She doesn't want our bloodline to end.

I huff, I get under the sheets. Whatever.. I just need some sleep. I'll deal with Sebastian later.

1pm.

I wore some sweatpants and a T-shirt. I sat crosslegged on my bed, the calming sound of my pencil resonated within me, as I scribbled things I observed about one of my abilities—  Psychometry, or better, Clairtangency.

My door was shut, I looked up to see Sebastian holding a tray of different types of dishes, and some tee. For some reason, the tension in my chest lessened. "..Hello Sebastian. What have you got there?" I'm still mad! Don't think because I'm greeting you, I no longer have a problem with you, I'm just being respectful, you old piece of—

He set the tray down, he grabbed my notebook, and put it on my desk. As he did that, my pencil drew a line on the page, causing me to yelp out in confusion and anger. "Sebastian!!!"

He raises his voice, cold grey eyes intimidating me. "What's your problem? You were gone the entire day, and now you are mad at me. Tell me what's wrong, now."

I open my mouth to argue back, but snap it back shut. Tears threaten to run down my face, his face dares me to shout back, but I don't.

My leg starts to shake, I let my head drop down, and I hide my face with my hands. "..Nothing. I'm sorry.."

I feel the bed sink besides me, a hand is on my thigh, Sebastian caresses that area. "Speak, Buttercup." He adds, "You know I can feel your thoughts sometimes? It's your family, right? Or Lila?"

Fuck, the tears run down my face. I sniffle, "I was in pain, didn't you feel it too? When I was away from you.. Then, they found about you and what I did. A few days ago, when we went out at night to visit the old lady, José knew we were there. I'm just tired... I said I wanted nothing to do with them, yet here I am, I accepted their help."

Sebastian calmly listens to me. He softly says, "It's gonna be okay, you can get some help from your Mother, but that doesn't mean that you forgive her, okay?" Yes, he is right. Besides, I'll be benefitting from it, and not her.

His demeanor changes, Sebastian's knotted eyebrows are raised slightly, he smirks. "And Lila? She seemed really kind."

"...She is."

He laughs. "Did you think I forgot about you because I was with her?"

My heart stops. "N-no.. I shouldn't have thought badly about either of you."

I'm so immature... Honestly, I feel so embarrassed!