12. Sweet Man.

That old Lady said she has a son that worked for the Police. Thinking about it, I wondered if he had some access to some files. But I doubt it. Then again, I rubbed my forehead, José was a mortician. If I managed to resurrect Marie, would he be able to check her body? No.. How would they or I be able to explain how a body from over a century ago— Ugh.. My head hurts.

Maybe, I could just tell a lie, but lying is bad! I could say that the authorities knew about it, but they never said anything? That could work. But people would need proof, and that's why I need a forensic pathologist, so José is useless.. Shit..

Alright, I should probably get to know the Old lady's son. Thankfully, she told me where she lives before she left my house, after explaining to me the history about The shaw house. I stood up, walking towards there, Sebastian was asleep.

I would be quick.

Opening the door, I was about to close it when a hand stopped it from closing any further. I looked over my shoulder, Sebastian peered down at me, "It's late, where are you going?" I gulp. "I-I.. An Old lady told me her son works for the police, I wanted to find out something about him."

He hums, lost in deep thoughts, he stares at me. Analysing my body language, he then smiled shortly, and opened the door even further, walking out. When he realized I stood still, he turned around and smirked, "Or.. Do you prefer to be alone with the 'son' of the Old lady?"

I bit my lower lip, I hurriedly walked to his side as he looked down at me, amused. "N-no.. Let's go!" We walked side by side, I couldn't help but glance at him every time. He looked better and healthier. I stopped glancing at him when he caught me, "You're strange, Buttercup. Do you have any friends?"

A gentle but glum smile appeared on my face. "..I know I'm very strange, recently I met two people, I wonder how I managed to make friends with them." He speaks very sharply, almost annoyed. "Why do you do that?"

I stare at him, confused. "What?"

He exhales exasperated. "Bring yourself down? I get you've felt like your family was better than you, or that you've always done something wrong. But that's not enough reason for you to bring yourself down." He puts his hands in his pockets, Sebastian's eyes that were once cold and distant, are now filled with life, and when he smiles, it's genuine. "I don't know you for a while, but I can tell you're a wonderful person. You bathed me, cooked for me and fed me. You bought me clothes, you taught me things about our World now. Now, you're stressing about how you'll be able to help me."

He walks right in front of me, he stops in front of me. He's.. Gazing at me? He lifts his hands up and cups my cheeks, I look at him curiously, I start blushing. A coy smirk plays on his lips before he leans in to press a tender kiss on my cheek. My eyes widened, his cheek pressed against mine when he whispered in my ear. "Stop bringing yourself down, Buttercup. You're so sweet, and you need to start realizing it."

My face heats up, my breath shudders. I clench my hands, I pursue my lips, why do I feel so giddy?! He continues walking, I run slightly to catch up with him. I grab the fabric covering his elbow, he looks down at me, an eyebrow raised, and I flush instantly. I feel the words clog up in my throat.

I clear my throat, "T-thank you,—" A different type of smirk grows on his face. It's not playful, he's teasing me again!! He knows something I don't, or suspects.. Suspects that I feel something, or am thinking about something! Well I'm not! Screw you!!

I cough, and press a hand to my cheek, it's too hot!! I avert my stare, I still feel his intense stare at me. "W-why do you call me Buttercup?"

He chuckles darkly, "I think you know why, it seems to me that you like it. Should I stop?"

I embarrassingly but furiously defend myself. "H-how— What makes you think I like it? I never said that! And— "

He laughs, cutting me off. His eyes crinkle, his deep voice gets higher and higher as he laughs. "Buttercup, our Souls are tied. If I focus hard enough," he leans in my face, his eyes flicker down to my lips, "I can tell what you're thinking about.."

"Liar!" I push him away, and hold a finger up, trying to seem threatening. "You don't know that! I mean—" I blush when I realize what I just said!

I stutter, my heart fails when his smirk grows wider and wider. His sharp canines catch my eyes, and I groan. "That's.. I meant t-that.." I mumble, "Ah.. Who am I kidding, of course I like it.."

He hums, he surveys me, "You do, don't you?" I bite my lip, he's not gonna make me say it! "..I do.." Fuck! He made me say it! FUCK! He made me curse twice..

We stayed silent for a while. But the smile on my face that grew the more that I thought about him, made it worthwhile.