7. Caretaker

Monday.
November 1.
12 in the night.

The Man stood up very slowly, he looked around before his eyes stopped at mine. He only sat there, staring at me so intently. I couldn't believe my eyes, had I resurrected someone!? What was going to do? How would I explain the open coffin? Although, I could blame it on the kids...

No!! That's just evil, and mean.. I can't do that!

I flinch when he moves closer to me, groaning, he whispers lowly but dryly. "..I know you." He tilts his head the other side, inspecting me further. As soon as his eyes light up in realization, he smiles, his eyes containing no emotions in them. "Man in the house..?"

I nod, still frozen in my tracks. He coughs repeatedly, a black substance stains his skin. I rubbed his back, still freaked out. Thinking really hard, I explain. "..Sir.. Sebastian.. I... It can't be, my Grandpa— He's the only one who can ressurect the dead. How.. I mean, all of a sudden I can—"

Sebastian caresses my cheek, he holds me tightly before shaking me to calm me down. I gasp, he's so cold. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't—"

He cuts me off, determined to get out of his coffin. "..Quit apologizing to me, Buttercup, and help me out, will you?"

My face heats up when he calls me that. I gave him instructions. He wrapped his arms around my neck, and I placed my hands under his armpits, and lifted him up. His legs aren't strong enough to hold his body, his knees buckle, but with my support, he manages to stand on his feet. We walk in the dark, my flashlight in my grasp. I look back to Grave that's been destroyed.

I'll have to fix it up before the sun rises up.

Last night, I washed the Man that eventually passed out in my arms. Even as I washed him, his skin was still Pale, and dry. Very dry. I made sure to wash his pitch black hair, I didn't know if it would be okay for me to cut it, so I left it the way it was. I found some fitted clothes, gave him warm socks, and put him in one of the other rooms for him to rest.

Then, I went out, and fixed the Grave. I finished around four in the morning, and I'm proud to say that, I successfully made it look better than the state it was before. Now, It was time to do breakfast, but first, I needed a shower.

I stuck to foods that would help his system. Such as, potatoes, eggs, some fruits, and what not. Things that were healthy. I washed the dishes, and decided to clean the house before he woke up. Although, he ended up waking up right after I was about to go checkup on him.

"Good morning. May I help you, in any way?" I turned to stare at him, he looked slightly better. He just needed to be taken care of, and he'll be back to normal.

I smile at him politely, and gesture for him to take a sit down. "No, don't do anything. You need only to focus on getting better." He nodded to that. He sat down, eyeing the food with delight, and disbelief.

I know I don't want to, but I have to pay my family a visit. I... I know what to do, but.. I know there's more to it than me resurrecting this man. There's something... Off about us. I feel strange, really strange, and somehow.. Connected to him.

I just need a book, only a book, or books.... About all of this, and then I'm gone! I won't stay there any longer than I have to.

Sebastian is in front of me, holding the dirty dishes. "Thank you, Buttercup. Were you out all night?" He presses his cold hand against my forehead. "I hope you know that I didn't mean to cause you trouble, I'm sure you would've not.. Brought me back to life intentionally."

I blush, averting my stare. I try to calm my rapid heartbeats. "..That's not true. What's done, is done. I don't know much about your history, but.. I can tell you didn't deserve this. Neither did your child."

His eyes widen. A perplexed expression overtakes his previous facial expression. "..My child? No.. I shouldn't have.. I should've told her. I really—" He walks past me.

"It's in the Past, let's not talk about that." I hear him say. But, my attention is on someone else. Something else... A shadow glares at us behind the half closed door. I flinch when someone touches me, Sebastian raises an eyebrow. "Are you Alright?"

I gulp, "Yes.. I'm sorry, you're right. I have to make a stop somewhere else, would it be okay with you, if you stayed here for a bit?"

He smiles, "Of course. Have you eaten? There's still some food left." My insides churns, why does he show genuine care for me? Looking away, I think. I shouldn't get so swooned. This Man was dead a few hours ago!

For now, It was time to think about my family. What would I do, if they made me stay there? I bite my lip. Whatever, I need some answers.