20. Final choice.

Sebastian and I crawled through the vents. I felt a gaze pinned on my back, and I felt even more uncomfortable knowing that Sebastian was crawling right behind me.

My face burned with embarrassment. I looked down as soon as I spotted another vent, was this the one?

We've been searching for a vent that would lead us to the room Mr. Shutterfly would be in. We needed to get out of here. Relief washed over me when I saw Mr. Shutterfly, there he was, staring at the tests with a disgusted expression on his face.

I whispered to Sebastian, "Good news, The redhead is still here, and he has the tests." I could feel the happiness oozing out of Sebastian, but a faint feeling of annoyance lingered around him. I wonder why was that so..

I rummaged through my pockets, only to find my wallet. Opening it, I pick a coin out of it, throwing the coin in one of the vent's slit, the coin makes a sound as it drops on the floor. Harry watches the coin for a few seconds before he lets his eyes move up, and his head as well.

He nods at me, he searches the room for something to stand on. I would request that Sebastian does whatever he did earlier to break the vent, but I fear he no longer has enough energy to execute whatever that was. Turning my head slightly to stare at him, his eyes threatened to close, he was breathing heavily, and sweat started to drop down his face.

Soon, the vent was broken off, and I could jump down. I grabbed Sebastian's arm, and prepared myself mentally so I could jump.

And I did. Sebastian was in an uncomfortable Position, his body hanging down from the square hole, he slid down very slowly, until his body crashed down on mine.

Harry was confused, he inquired, eyes on Sebastian's motionless body. "What happened to him?"

"He's weak, he needs more energy."

I don't notice José, he, who was leaning against the desk. I would ask him how he got here before me, but there are more pressing matters at hand.

I squirmed under Sebastian, caressing his back, I move his hair away from his face. "..Seb.. I'm sorry.. they weren't enough, I'm not sure what to do.."

Sebastian grunted in response, I felt helpless, there was truly nothing I could do. Although... If my mind wandered far enough, my face blushed, a memory rooted in my brain surfaced again. That night where we first kissed, Sebastian mentioned of having to do something more than mere kisses..

But I wasn't sure if I was ready to do something like that, I mean, I couldn't do anything like that. I was inexperienced and I wasn't okay with the thought of giving my body away as if I were nothing but a...

I sighed, but what if it meant helping someone I cared about.. I couldn't deny my feelings any longer, I cared for Sebastian. Since the day he told me I was sweet, a part of me longed for him. But that could probably be because I was starved from attention and affection.

Rolling my eyes, I turned Sebastian around, and gestured at Harry so he could help me with Sebastian.

We laid him on the bed, José approached me, and placed an hand on my shoulder. "Answer me Joseph, where does Sebastian get his energy from?"

Shit.

I blushed, bothered by that question. I didn't want to reveal anything, but I had no choice. "..From me." Shit.. I told him.

José walked only to stop in front of me, he stared at Sebastian who laid on the bed, chest heaving. "..How?"

Unable to handle this embarrassment, I lash out. "That doesn't matter, does it know?"

Jose's dark green eyes sharply glared at me, "It does if it means you were able to help a Man who's neither fully dead or fully alive. How did you do it?"

I gulped, wringing my hands uncomfortably, I couldn't tell him. I wasn't sure why, but.. I was afraid it'd be judged even more than I was.

I have my abilities at the age of twenty seven, while my siblings had theirs earlier. Not only does my family now think of me as a trophy, if they find out I kissed a Man.. And.. Did even more intimate things with him, they would have my head!!! Mother probably wants a child from me because I have 'remarkable' abilities..

It wasn't that I cared about what they had to say about me, it was about me not wanting to be judged any longer. But, I had to be smart about this.

Twenty seven years of mistreatment, abandoned, and receiving zero love from any of my family members, except for... Of course, the man who played a part in my growth,

Made me who I am today. So, I needed to make a final choice.

I took a few deep breaths, praying that this reveal doesn't cost me more stress, judgemental stares, and people not being able to stand being besides me. "Intimacy."

José's eyes widens, but I don't stop there. "We only shared kisses, not that it's any of your business, but, he did something.. Must've used all the energy he absorbed from me, and was able to blast a white bolt out of his hand. It exhausted him, as you can see."

I cross my arms, my eyes stay on Sebastian's more relaxed face, shoulders no longer tense, and I smile knowing that he's alright. "He needs more of my energy, so, while I stay with him, can you both do me a favor?"

José doesn't answer, so Harry doesn't answer too. I take that as a 'yes' and I confide in them, and inform them of what Sebastian told me earlier. "A policeman recognized Sebastian, and soon told his colleague. They spotted us in the storage room, and must be searching for us now."

I turn to Harry, he deadpans as I speak firmly, expecting no interruptions. "Can you be sweethearts, and make sure we're able to leave without a trace?"

I turn my attention to Sebastian, sitting on the bed, I caress his chest. His chest vibrates as a low grumble escapes his lips. I hear the door shut gently, and I smile to myself.

Pondering about what José had told me earlier, "And when you're ready, come to the Family house." I bit my lip, he's right.

I needed to stop running, for Sebastian's sake, as well as mine.

I promised him that I would help, and I don't want to be seen as helpless, I don't want them to think I need their help. I can do it, just like I've been doing it for years. I believe in myself, I'm afraid, yes, but for Sebastian..

For some reason,

I would do whatever it takes, to clear an Innocent Man's stained Reputation.