5 | Hate

The pale boy woke up. "Oww..." He whined and then looked around. "Hinata-kun? Did you bring me here?" He asked, hopeful.

"Nah, Hanmura carried you. He insisted on it and seemed really excited, so I couldn't not let him,"

Komaeda shuddered. "Wh-why would you let him touch me?" He asked, eyes wide.

"It was just a joke!" He assured him. He didn't think Komaeda would be that uncomfortable about it. The brunet couldn't blame him though. Who would wanna be touched by Hanamura? "I carried you,"

Komaeda let out a relieved sigh. "Thank god..."

"Can we go back now?"

"It still hurts really bad,"

"The nurse said it'll heal easily,"

"Uhm... Can we stay a bit longer?"

"Okay,"

For a while, there was just silence. Until Komaeda forced himself to speak up.

"What did you mean when you told me to stop pretending to be nice?"

"Nothing... Forget about it,"

"But I want to know what you meant,"

"You know what I meant,"

"No, I don't,"

"Whatever. Let's go back,"

"But my body still hurts." Hinata picked him up and they made their way over to the gym. Komaeda blushed. When they got there, Hinata sat him down on a bench.

"Thank you, Hinata-kun." Komaeda smiled sweetly.

This guy was starting to make Hinata really aggressive. He did not need to act all cute in front of others. Hinata knew he hated him! "Whatever. Just stop talking to me from now on,"

Komaeda's eyes widened. "W-What..?"

"Dude, I know you hate me. You suck at hiding it. So just leave me alone." He walked back onto the field and continued playing dodgeball with the others.

-

"I finally told him to leave me alone," Hinata said to Souda during lunch break.

"Why??"

"Because he hates me. How many times do I have to tell you?"

"He doesn't!"

"Yes, he does!"

"Hinata, you're being mean. Komaeda's a weirdo, but he doesn't hate you and he didn't do anything wrong. You just told him off after he tried to be friends with you,"

"Friends with me?? You're joking."

Komaeda nervously approached their table. "Hinata-kun?"

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"

"I-I know. I'm sorry, I came here to apologize." He bowed down. "I don't really know what I did, but I never meant to make it seem like I hate you. I really don't, I promise!"

Now Hinata was starting to feel bad. "Look... it's fine. It's just... if you're being an asshole, I'll be a dick, you know? I won't let you treat me like crap without consequences,"

"But what did I do? I thought I was being nice..."

"You asked me to partner up for science to make fun of me, for example,"

Komaeda tilted his head. "I didn't. I just wanted to do the project with you..."

"But then you did it alone so you didn't have to hang out with me,"

"No, I just... I was trying to be nice to you,"

Hinata furrowed his eyebrows. "Nice?"

"Mhm!" He nodded. "Because I thought maybe we could become friends... but I suppose that was arrogant to assume... So I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone from now on, Hinata-kun,"