Chapter 23

~Shihiro~

After Kagome had satisfyingly knocked out Megumi. We spent the rest of the night preparing for the morning.

Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku set off to close the town gates so none of the young boys could leave in the early morning.

Kagome and Omamori took it upon themselves to keep watch over Megumi as well as making sure the triplets were kept in their room.

Sesshomaru and I settled into a dog room to talk.

"Quite a devious plan you thought up Shihiro" Sesshomaru commented after a moment of silence "How did you know demons had those abilities?"

I scratch my cheek sheepishly "I didn't know actually. I just assumed it could be a possibility with demons"

The demon lord chuckled "I will have some books for you when we cross paths again"

We then started discussing the full plan and smoothing out any details needed.

In the back of my mind I was a bit distracted 'I almost forgot...after all this is done I'll be traveling with Kagomes group...'

.
.
.

The commotion began sooner than expected. Though, it shouldn't have been a surprise honestly. with Omamori here, her fog had settled in the town when she arrived.

The moment one of the children stepped out of their home to leave. well. the screaming began.

"Mother! The fog is back!" "Mommy!!" "Mother I don't want to be taken away!"

I sigh, closing my eyes to calm my heart "Just a couple more hours and we'll be done" I grumble softly.

We stood out in front of Megumi's home, knowing the people would come here first. Jaken had returned quickly since he used Ah-Un this time to fetch the demon we needed. Said demons were inside what they needed to do.

we had Megumi tied on her knees in front of us. She sat quietly with a nasty black eye forming thanks to Kagome.

'She's quiet now but I know she won't be when she hears what we have planned for her' I snicker softly, hearing the running footsteps of the people coming our way.

"Omamori-San could you please clear the fog around us?" I smile at the succubus who nods.

The fog began to clear around us, just enough for us to be seen from a distance.

"Megumi-Sama!" The first woman to arrive gasped, stumbling to a stop a few feet away from us.

"All will be explained once everyone is gathered" I assured her.

It didn't take long for a large crowd to form. seems like all the mothers left their children in their homes, most likely hiding them.

They whisper amongst each other, all noticing Omamori and recognizing her.

"It's the demon woman..." "She's back" "What's going to happen?" were some of the things I could hear.

everyone quieted down when Sesshomaru stepped forward, now standing next to the kneeing Megumi.

"...People of the west. Your troubles were heard and this sesshomaru will see to judgment. Your men will be returned to you" The women began to cheer but were cut short by the demon lord raising his hand "You have been deceived by the one leading you and because of her, you have all been unfairly punished. so. for the unprovoked murder of Omamoris newborn child" the announcement made the crowd gasp in horror "I sentence Megumi to exile. her husband and father will be sent to work in my household while her children will be given to Omamori"