Chapter 7

~Shihiro~

When I was done helping the injured, I decided to stay with kagome in the back of the cave on the hay bed.

Kagome was leaning on me in deep thought while I watched some wolf pups play around and wrestle.

"Where is shippo?" Kagome mumbled softly, looking confused when suddenly koga stepped out from behind us.

'Wait. Didn't koga leave?' I tilted my head.

Koga glanced down at us "alright, get up" I blinked then sweatdropped hearing shippos voice.

'Oh.....'

Kagome and I got up and 'koga' grabbed our arms and started leading us out of the cave.

Shippos plan backfired when one of the wolves bit his tail, making him dropped his illusion.

"What!? That's not koga! Are you trying to make fools of us?!"

Kagome and I panicked when the pack members charged at us. Kagome grabbed two spears from the ground and gave one to me.

"Stay back! I'm warning you!"

"Ha! What do you think you can do you puny human!"

Kagome grabbed shippos hand and started running while I followed behind her.

We were chased to the edge of a cliff. Kagome look at shippo "you can fly right?"

shippo looked at kagome "yeah. but I'm not strong enough to carry both of you. maybe one of you at the most........"

kagome grabbed shippo and threw him over the edge of the cliff, making him expand his body to fly. she was about to push me off on to shippo but I quickly grabbed her and threw her to shippo.

"ah! Hiro! what are you doing!?" kagaome and shippo screamed.

"just go find inuyasha! quick!" I yelled back, watching them float away.

"oh no you don't!" a chain flew past my face, aiming for kagome and shippo, so I used my spear to block it.

"you runt! I'll devour you alive! Kizoku or not!" A pack member walked towards me.

I back away, getting closer to the edge when suddenly a dead boar landed on the guy, making him fall.

"whats going on here!?" I look up to see koga standing on the cliff above us "threatening to kill a kizoku! do you wanna die?!"

koga jumped down and landed in front of me "and you, little kizoku. you let my jewel tracker get away. what do you have to say for yourself?"

I glared up at him "I don't regret what I did. I'm protecting the people I care for"

koga smirked "you're loyal. I believe I've made a good choice"

I blinked "eh?"

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders "I'm going to make you mine"

"great choice koga!"

"yeah, a kizoku will make the pack strong!"

Koga leaned his face closer to mine "wolves mate for life. remember that"

I felt my face heat up "I-I....I refuse!" I raised my hand and struck him across the face.

the pack gasped, backing up.

"he hit koga"

"he's gonna die"

"honey moons over"

Koga placed his hand on his cheek, looking at me "heh. the spark is bigger then I thought. come on, you gotta help me find the bird with the shard now" he grabbed my arm "men! get ready for war!"

'uh-oh.......'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koga lead me to the back of the cave where the hay pile was and made me sit down with him.

"now Shihiro. how am i supposed to find the bird with the shard?" he spoke with a slightly cold tone.

"u-um. well. is there anything different about the one with the shard?" I mumbled.He crossed his arms in deep thought

"hmmmmm. I think......oh. the one with the shard had two upper bodies. like twins"

"anything else?"

"he's always hiding.....at the top of the nest...." He muttered.

I nodded "so that's how you find him!"

He grinned "well then, you're pretty smart"

he pat my head the got up "stay here and watch the wolves for me" he walked over to the group of men at the entrance of the cave and left with them.

I blinked "he left me.....unsupervised......and able to leave..... I swear if this is a trust thing, imma kick him all the way to my time"

I got up and called for moon. I pet his head "you're staying with me~"Moon waged his tail, barking happily. I looked at all the other wolves."I'm going to help he pack. you guys stay here and be good. come on moon" I walked out of the cave with moon at my side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

moon helped me find the pack by tracking their scent and I saw that the battle has begun.

I scanned the situation 'they seem to have the upper hand right now'I grimaced, seeing a few fallen pack members.

I searched for koga and saw him climbing up to the nest.

"ah. Brother!? what are you doing here!?" ginta and hakkaku jumped over to me.

"I wanted to help and who are you calling brother!?" I snapped.

"well, you're kogas now. so you're one of us, part of the pack" ginta explained.

"he does not own me!" I yelled then gasped when sharp talons grabbed me and started flying away.

"ah! Shihiro!" ginta and hakkaku screamed as i was lifted higher from the ground.

I looked up and saw the round bird thing, its talons digging into my shoulders making me bleed.

"hey, you giant cock-a-too! let. me. go!" I struggled, feeling it's talons dig deeper into my skin.It only laughed and flew higher.

I growled a bit "I said.....LET ME GO!" I screamed then gasped as my blood shot out like whips and killed the bird.

I started to fall, but before I hit the ground, the Blood whips cushioned my fall.

"Shihiro! are you alright?! you're bleeding a lot!" ginta and hakkahu rushed over to me with some other pack members.

"I-I'm fine, I think....." I winced, seeing the blood whips seeping back into my wounds.

"that's a relief. just hold on a little longer. Koga's almost to the nest"

I nodded the gasped "watch out!" A horde of birds of paradise were charging at us.

"Shihiro!"