Chapter 6: Distraction

Jk's POV

It's Monday, Mom said that we will go to the school at the other street. And that's the school where Kristine is studying.

My mom said that she will enroll me there. I know it's too late for me to enroll because it's been a week since the class started.

"You have to catch up on the lesson if they already started." I remembered what my mom said last night before I sleep.

Our supposed-to-be bonding yesterday was postponed because Tita Jenna said that she has an urgent meeting, I mean yung may kailangang asikasuhin. She asked if it could be moved next Sunday. Lola agreed.

It's time to prepare so I took a bath and fixed my hair, wore a gray shirt, maong pants and gray shoes. Ayoko nang gray no? Just kidding.

I went downstairs to eat breakfast. Mom said that instead of her, Tito Jov will come with me to enroll on that school. So I agreed and Tito Jov, of course.

I don't know her reason. But I'll understand. After I ate, I went upstairs again to brush my teeth. I prepared my things, I mean those school supplies that are really heavy because of the 8 notebooks that are so thick.

I think they are giving me punishment about something that I don't know. I fixed my hair again and went downstairs.

"Tito, I'm ready!" I shouted.

"Okay then let's go. You'll be late." It's 7:00 am you know. We are. No. I am late. But it's okay. I'm just a newbie on that school.

After 30 minutes of riding on Tito's car. Finally! Ariel happened to me. Joke. Finally we're here! When I get out of the car, I was shocked because this school is so BIG!

"Wow!" I said with amazement.

"Hey Jk, let's go inside." Tito Jov said.

"Oh, oh yeah." I stuttered because of amazement. We went to the principal's office to inquire. While Tito Jov and the principal are talking about something, I was busy observing the principal's office. It's big, ventilated and of course, CLEAN!

I didn't notice that Tito Jov is actually calling me. "Jk! Jk! JK!" He shouted.

"What?! Oh, sorry." I laugh. "I'm just so amazed in this school. It's beautiful." I said to the principal.

"Thank you." He said with too much gratitude. "Mr...?! Uhm..." "Labajo." I said.

"Mr. Labajo, please fill up this form then you can proceed to the registrar so you will know your section and on the cashier for the tuition." I nod. He gave me a long bond paper with lots of things to be filled up. "It looks like a birth certificate." I chuckled.

After I filled it up, we proceeded to the registrar and on the cashier. Then we went back to the principal's office for the blah blah blah rules and regulations. I'm not listening.

The principal guided us to the room of my section. My section is A. Grade 5-A, and he called the adviser, I think, who is actually teaching her students about English. Cause her language is english you know? Of course.

When the teacher came out of the room, the principal introduced me to the teacher. "Ms. Santos, this is Juan Karlos your new student, Juan Karlos this is Ms. Santos, your adviser."

"Hi Ms. Santos, nice to meet you." I greeted and offered a handshake. So she did.

"So, now you're in my class. Are you ready?" Ms. Santos asked.

"Uhm..." I think I'm not.. "Yes?"

"Is that a question or an answer?"

"Both. But I think I am."

"Okay. I will introduce you to your new classmates. Wait here." Ms. Santos entered again and I heared everything she said. "Okay, class. Before we proceed to our lesson, I will announce something."

"What's that Ma'am?" All of them asked in unison. "You have a new classmate." They all looked excited. Their reactions made me smile.

Kristine's POV

Ms. Santos went outside because she was called by the principal. Then when she entered the room she said that she will announce something. We all asked, "What's that Ma'am?" "You have a new classmate."

After that, my classmates started whispering and talking with each other. "Ma'am may I ask?" Sandy asked.

"Yes, Ms. Mendoza?"

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Boy. Any questions?" They are all chit-chatting whether he is cute, handsome, tall, white (I mean white complexion, to be specific), if he's half-blooded or pure Filipino, if he's kind, sweet, friendly and gentleman and other good qualities. Sabi kasi nung mga classmates ko yun daw ang heartthrob.

"Okay, class settle down." She commanded to my classmates. I have a vacant seat beside me. I'm sitting beside the window, while Jane, Sandy and Anna are separated from me because of the 'I don't know reason'. But we're still friends.

No one wants to sit beside me because they don't want to talk to a serious person DAW like me. That's not true. I hope that guy is a gentleman.

"Okay, I will now call him." When our teacher said that, my classmates are so excited to meet him. A familiar face went inside the room. He looked at us, smiling cheek to cheek then begins to introduce himself. OMYGAHD. It's Jk.

"Omg! All those qualities are with him." I said to myself. "You may now introduce yourself." My teacher commanded. He nod.

"Hi!" Then he looks at me.

"I am Juan Karlos Labajo, I'm 10 years old. I am from Cebu. You can call me Karlos, Jk, Jekoy, Mang Juan." After he said 'Mang Juan', me and my classmates, including him, laughs. "Oh. I'm just kidding. Don't call me Mang Juan. HAHA. And I'm half-blooded too. Filipino-German. Thank you. Nice to meet you." Then he smiled.

"Okay. Mr. Labajo, you can sit beside..." She was looking for a vacant seat and she saw the chair beside me. "You may sit beside Ms. Sanchez." He nods. He sat in the chair next to me and greeted, "Hi! What a coincidence huh?" He said. "Sshh. The lesson will start." I said.

"Okay." He said. Ms. Santos started to proceed on the lesson. "Okay, so Mr. Labajo, since you are a late enrollee you have to catch up on one lesson we have learned and for other subjects too." She said.

"Yes Ma'am. I'll try my best." He says while smiling.

"Now, let's proceed." The class is already going on. I can't concentrate because I remembered the scenery were I confessed my feelings.

I decided to go out. "Ma'am!" I raised my hand. "Yes, Ms. Sanchez?" "Can I go to the washroom?" I asked. "Sure. But be quick." "Yes Ma'am."

I hurriedly went out and took a deep breath. I went downstairs and walk through the hallway to go the washroom. "Ugh. Ba't ko ba siya kaklase? I'm distracted!" I said with so much fear. I cannot concentrate on listening to Ms. Santos.

After that, I went back to our classroom. Jk is looking at me. "What?!" I asked. "Ms. Sanchez, please sit down and behave." She said, frowning."

"I'm sorry Ma'am." I just sitted at my chair and look at Ms. Sanchez and trying to concentrate on our lesson.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Long chapter? I don't think so. Did ya like this chapter? I hope so. Please vote and comment.

Aren't you bored reading this? If you're not, Oh thank you! I hope not. Thank you : )