Chapter 16: Can I court you?

• 2 weeks later •

Jk's POV

I'm here inside the library preparing myself for the plan. I'm nervous. I don't know if I'll continue this but I'll just do it no matter what happens.

Andrew and Bryan are preparing the plan at the quadrangle.

From: Andrew
Bro, ready na. Ano, itutuloy mo o hindi?

To: Andrew
Oo bro, hintayin niyo na lang ako diyan.

From: Andrew
Sige bro.

I sighed and just gave my self a strength so I can handle this.

I'm now at the school quadrangle waiting for Kristine to arrive. Then someone shouts, "Bro, andito na siya."

I prepared myself so I won't be nervous. Teka?! Ba't ba ko kinakabahan e plano ko to eh?! Hays bahala na nga!

When Kristine is already in front of me, I looked at her. She's so curious.

"Is there any occasion here? Ba't ang daming tao?" I just grabbed her two hands and kneeled down in front of her. "Hey Jk! What are you doing?"

I just look at her, giving her the Im-sorry-I-have-to-do-this look. "Ano ba?! Tumayo ka nga diyan! Pinagtitinginan na tayo oh!" She told me while trying to pull me up.

"I won't stand up." I said. "But why?"

"I have to ask you something."

"What is that? Why do you have to kneel down?"

"Nevermind that. Kristine, can I..."

"Can you what?"

"Can I---" The bell already rang. I stood up and get my bag. I have to talk to Andrew and Bryan.

Kristine's POV

"Can you what?" I asked him. I'm really confused right now.

"Can I---" He was cut off cause the bell rang. What is he going to say? I'm puzzled.

"Bestie, you're so lucky." Sandy said and smiled at me.

"Huh? Why am I lucky?" I asked raising an eyebrow to her.

"Are you numb or you just can't feel it?" She slapped my arm. "Don't you have feelings? He is going to court you!"

What?! What did she just say? "Jk will court me? O c'mon. That's impossible! He said I'm just his FRIEND."

"You're crazy. You didn't even feel that." I just ignored what she said and I went to our classroom.

(Skip class hours)

We're at the canteen now. We're eating and talking about some stuffs and now the topic is all about me.

"So Kay, what is your status now?" Jane asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

"What are you talking about? Don't tell me it's the scene a while ago? O c'mon girls. He's not courting me."

"We haven't said anything yet." Anna said then they laughed. "But you're right, we're talking about that."

"I already said that. He. Is. Not. Courting. Me. That's impossible."

"We know that. But what if..." Sandy paused for awhile. "But what if he does? Will you say yes?"

"I don't even know what to answer cause I don't think that will happen."

"Okay. But if ever he courts you. What will you do?" Jane asked.

"I'll just jump and scream. No, I'm just kidding." They looked at me seriously. "Of course, I'll say yes to his courtship but it's going to be soon."

"Oh! Now I get it." We changed the topic and we ate the food we have now.

When the bell rang again, we went to out room. All are staring at us. But I'm wrong. They're staring at ME. What's the matter here?

I just sit on my chair and Jk was also looking at me. Is this a staring contest? Huh? "What's wrong Jk?"

"Nothing. Uhm, I have to tell you something later."

"Okay. Where?"

"At the quadrangle. After class."

"Okay." Our teacher went in and started the lesson.

(Skip class hours)

• Dismissal •

"Bro, una na kayo." I told Andrew. They nod and I went to Kristine and held her hand.

"Uhm...?" She raises an eyebrow. "Uh sorry. Let's go?" She nodded and then we went on the quadrangle. Some students are here to see what's going to happen.

I kneeled down again and looked at her.

"Kristine, I have to tell you something important. This was interrupted a while ago so I'll continue this." I sighed. "Can I court you?" After I said that, I saw her blush.

It took her some time before she answered. "Y-yes." She says with a very happy smile. I stood up and hugged her. All the students were screaming 'Ayyiie!'.

She pulled out of the hug. "Thank you." She said. "Thank you too." I smiled. Then we went home. Of course, I drive her home.

Kristine's POV

I'm still here outside of our house. I'm still daydreaming. I didn't bother if Jk already left and I didn't press the doorbell.

And finally after a few minutes, I came back to reality. I pressed the doorbell and the gate was opened by my Mom.

"Hi Mom!" I greet and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hi honey. You look happy today, what makes you that happy now?"

We went inside then.. "Mom! Jk just COURTED me!" I squealed. "Really? What's your answer?"

"Of course Ma, I said YES!" My Mom is really happy for me. Cause she wants Jk for me.

"Wow! My baby is now a teenager! She has her suitor." I blushed at that thought. "Mom!"

"Haha. Okay just enjoy your daydream there about what happened a while ago and then get dressed. Dinner will be ready in a few hours."

"Yes Ma." I went up and jumped on my bed screaming.

"WAAAAAHHHHH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" I shouted. And I think he can hear me cause we're just neighbors, duh?

I'm really happy today! I won't be able to forget this.

••••••••••

Yow guys. How's this chapter? Did you like it? Vote and comment. Thank you : )