Chapter 31: Travel Plan

Kuya Joshua's POV

"What? Ma? Really? Kelan?" I asked Mom. She just told me that we're going to Canada next week to see Dad. I'm excited.

"Maybe Friday next week, para makapag-ready kayo. Go ahead, tell your sisters about this." I nod and went to Kath's room but unfortunately she's not in her room. Maybe she's on Kris' room now.

I knock at Kris' room. "Can I get in?"

"Yes."

I went inside seeing Kris with a puffy eyes. She's crying again.

"What is it Kuya Josh?" Ask Kath.

"Mom told me to tell you this. I know you will be happy."

"What is that?"

"We're going to... Canada. To see Dad there."

I saw their eyes shine and that means... they're excited to see Dad. But deep inside... Kris is really suffering from depression. Pero hindi naman yung malala.

"Are you excited?" I ask.

"Yes of course Kuya. We miss Dad and... I want to..." Kris paused and bowed her head. "Live there for a couple of years." My eyes widened in that. Is she even serious?

"Seryoso ka ba? Mapapalayo ka samin." I told her. She just smiled.

"I know. But Kuya Josh... you know that I need to move on from this mess. I don't want to suffer from a severe depression tapos magiging baliw naman ako."

"Yeah... but I'll tell Mom about this thing. And you better get ready cause our flight would be on Friday next week." They nod and I went outside to tell Mom about that.

"Ma?"

"Yes honey?"

"I told them already and..."

"And what?" She asked and went out of the kitchen, she's still wearing her apron at this time.

"And Kris told me that... that she wants to live there for a... couple of years. I don't know if 3 or 5 years but I don't agree with her."

"Bakit daw? Is it about her lovelife again?" I nod and she sighed. "With that, we don't have the right to disagree with her desicion. Instead, let's just help her not to be that depressed."

I smiled, I'm lucky and we're lucky to have an understanding Mom like her. "Thanks Mom." I went back to my room and prepared everything for our leave next week.

I hope Kris can move on there in Canada. Para naman hindi na kami mag-alala.

Kristine's POV

"Are you sure that you want to live there?" Ate Kath asked me, we're currently packing up my clothes and other important things.

"Yes. At matagal ko na ngang inisip 'yun after nung malaman ko 'yung ano. Alam mo na." I just smiled a bit and put out clothes from my walk in closet.

"Pero, kung hindi pumayag si Dad? Si Mom daw pumayag." Ate Kath said.

"Pipilitin ko siya, and I know he can understand me and my... situation now. Baka nga maikwento ko pa sa kanya." I chuckled and I can't control my emotions. I felt tears.

"I'm sure he can. And he's our Dad, remember that. Malay mo, he will give you advices that can make you move on from that. And knowing Dad, baka isumpa niya pa si Jk dahil sa ginawa niya sa baby girl niya." I laughed at that. Dad is very protective.

We're currently preparing now on Ate Kath's room when her laptop makes a sound. "I think there's someone who is calling via Skype." Ate said, we sat down on her bed and she opened her laptop.

Calling Charles Sanchez...

"Dad?" Ate Kath said.

"Hi Kath!" He smiled at the camera. As I look at the camera of her laptop, I can see Dad's reaction. He's... confused.

"Uh.. Dad? What's the problem?" Ate asked him.

"No. Uh... nothing. Can I talk to Kris?" Ate looked at me and I nod.

"Why Dad, is there something wrong?"

"Kris, can you just tell me everything?"

"About what?"

"About... why you have puffy eyes, and eyebags. Did you cry for weeks?"

I looked at Ate Kath, she knows what I'm talking about. She nods.

"Uh... Dad, I'll just tell you when we arrive there. It's... hard to explain." He looks satisfied with my answer.

"Okay, anyway, did you prepare your things?" I nod and smiled.

"Dad..."

"Yes darling?"

"I decided to... live there. For a couple of years." He looked shocked and he didn't say anything.

"Dad, she already thinked about that. Don't worry, Mom agreed with her decision." Ate Kath said.

He sighed. "Okay, I understand. But make sure na hindi ka magsisisi na titira ka dito. You know that I'm always busy."

"Yes Dad. Tsaka bakit naman ako magsisisi kung makikita ko naman kayo 'pag uuwi kayo."

We talk and talk until he needs to go to work. We continued to pack up our things and we ate after that.

"Kris! You have a visitor!" Kuya Joshua shouted.

"O sige! Wait lang!" I stood up from my bed and went down. Then I saw Sandy, Anna and Jane at the living room.

"Hi bestie!" They greeted and kissed me on the cheeks. "Why are you here?" I said, raising my eyebrow. Then after a few minutes... we laughed.

"Manang, pwede pong padalhan ng juice dito po sa living room?" I begged. Manang smiled and went at the kitchen.

"So... why are you here nga?" I asked, again.

"Someone told us that you're leaving?" Jane said without assurance.

"Yes. At sino naman yung nagsabi sa inyo?"

"Si Ate Kath. Kanina lang niya sinabi." Sandy said.

"Where are you going?" Anna asked.

"We're going to Canada. To visit Dad there."

"And kelan kayo aalis at babalik?" Jane asked.

"Friday next week. And I... I don't know when will we come back." I definitely look gloomy this time.

"Ow. But, why are you sad? Is there something wrong?" Sandy asked.

"Uh... guys, hindi ako sasama sa kanila... pag-uwi nila next next month."

I saw them shocked. "What?! Why?" They all asked.

"Cause I... told them that I will live there for a couple of years... to move on from this mess."

"Are you sure?" - Sandy

"Everyone's asking me that question and I always say 'yes' to them. Don't worry, babalik balik naman ako pag may time. Hindi ko naman kayo kakalimutan e."

"But... we will miss you." - Jane

"Meron namang Skype, Facebook, and pwede naman akong mag-update sa IG and Twitter ko palagi kaya parang lagi din kayong updated sa mga nangyayari sakin. Tsaka ano ba, next week pa ang alis namin. Pwede pa tayong mag-bonding kahit papano."

They were almost crying and they just smiled and hugged me. "Aww. So... let's start our bond now?" I ask them and they nod.

I will miss this girls.

••••••••••

Update! Merry Christmas! 🎉🎉

Vote and comment. Follow me. 😊

Thanks.
~annielle xoxo